Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12 5:02 PM
      Hi, Kevin:

      I was one of the very first purchasers of the XDA-2 since I had seen the prototype at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver in October.  Unfortunately, mine came with a very early firmware and some computers, including mine had problems with that firmware.  So I had to do a firmware upgrade even though this unit is not intended for users to alter the firmware (I spoke to the Emotiva engineer who sent me very explicit instructions for the process).  Anyway, all is good since the new firmware was installed and it sounds very clean, although I am only using it (for now) as a desktop DAC with my AirMotiv 4 powered speakers (also from Emotiva).  It is a bit large for that application and probably overkill in other ways too, but I may move it to one of my two channel systems in the future.  What output mode are you using with the JRiver?  I use WASAPI Event Style on my setup.  By the way, the XDA-2 has a very nice headphone amp built in if you ever use high quality headphones for listening.

      Ciao,

      Don