Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Had a great listening session with Alan

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
      I would really like to hear your system.A minimeet would be good
      Alan

      From: the_matching_mole <hopstetter@...>
      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 9:26 AM

      It was a treat to hear Glenn Gould on Alan's Odyssey/Shindo/3.6R rig. That was some of the most transparent reproduction I've heard in a long time.

      Playing Rush in 5.1 on your home theater was a real eye opener, too.

      Good luck getting your ASL back up and running.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
        Alan would this Sunday, say 1pm work for you?

        I would really like to hear your system.A minimeet would be good
        Alan
      • vintagehifisteve
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
          I'm going to agree with you guys here and say that when I was at Alan's house this previous weekend it was a real treat to hear his systems. Especially hearing Eva Cassidy on his maggies. Wow is all that needs be said. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing his Lowther's and his Miniwatt the next time I get a chance to go over there again.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
            ! PM would be great  I assume you mean your house
            Please give me your address
            Alan

            Alan would this Sunday, say 1pm work for you?

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
              Looks like after lunch this Sunday. If anyone would like to stop by, let me know and I will email you the address.

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
                Hey, I know where you live! And I have some SHM-CDs you should hear, too!

                > Looks like after lunch this Sunday. If anyone would like to stop by, let me know and I will email you the address.

                Gene H.
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
                  Bring it on Bro. Would you like a nice summer ale or some Stella Artois?

                  Hey, I know where you live! And I have some SHM-CDs you should hear, too!

                  > Looks like after lunch this Sunday. If anyone would like to stop by, let me know and I will email you the address.

                  Gene H.

                • david weil
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 23, 2011
                    Ward,
                    I'll try to get free Sunday. Put me down as tentative.
                    Hope to see you there.

                    To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                    From: wardsweb@...
                    Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:41:26 -0700