7 - 8 Foot Pair Speaker Cable With Spades at Both Ends

  • joaquinmunoz822
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      I am a new member who joined before the end of the year. I have not been able to make any meetings as of yet. I am four hours away. I'm seeking a pair of speaker cable to match a pair of Sophia's 2 and ARC VS-115. I would appreciate your recommendations and would consider buying a used or new pair. I am also interested in a two channel solid state amp, 200 WPS. I would be very grateful to hear any input.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2013
        Hello:

        I am sorry you missed our meeting today as it was fun and very educational as well.  We had a member of the Houston audio society come down to demonstrate the Omni-Mike speaker frequency response analyzer and also he demonstrated a couple of pair of very inexpensive speakers, one pair being stock and the other with a few cheap upgrades.
        As for your questions, I am not a big believer in very expensive speaker cables, so I either make my own or buy from places like Parts Express or Emotiva or Blue Jeans Cables.  Regarding your question about the amp, I have two suggestions; one is the NAD C 375BEE which is 150 wpc into 8 ohms or 300 wpc into 4 ohms.  Although you stated you wanted 200 wpc, I think the NAD will drive just about any speakers I know of to very loud listening levels, unless you have a very large listening room.  It is also very low distortion and I own it.  For something a bit different, I might suggest the less expensive Emotiva pre-amp and one of their X-series two channel power amps.  I have two of their mulit-channel X series power amps in my home theater system and they are very powerful and pretty much bullet proof and very reasonably priced.
        Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try to help, but I am sure other members of our group would each have different recommendations based on their own experience and equipment.
        Good luck and we hope to see you at a future meeting.

        Don

        Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 10:24 AM
        Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] 7 - 8 Foot Pair Speaker Cable With Spades at Both Ends