Lone Star Audio Fest

  • fredt300b
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 20, 2011
      This is the official invitation to RCA members to join us in Dallas on May 13-15 for the Lone Star Audio Fest. The LSAF room rate is $99/nite for a two room suite, or if you're on a more modest budget rooms are available at nearby hotels for less. Here's a link to the LSAF web page: http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

      The LSAF is a regional show whose exhibitors include manufacturers, dealers, DIY'ers and vintage audio geeks. There are no exhibitor fees, and show visitors can participate in all the exhibits and presentations for free. Think of the LSAF as an Audio Flash Mob, and you'll be getting your brain around the concept.

      All you have to do is to show up and you're officially a vistor, but wouldn't it be great if the River City Audio Society reserved a suite, stocked the fridge with adult beverages, maybe set up a system, and declared it the official RCA hangout for the event? Just sayin'...

      Here's a link to the LSAF forum at AudioRoundTable: http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=42&
    • wardsweb
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 20, 2011
        Actually that sounds really good. Hey Bob I think the two of use could throw something together. How about a trinaural, biamped, three speaker rig? It would be something different. We could use three bookshelf speakers to avoid hauling furniture size ones.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2011
          Sounds to me like fred wants a place to drink & eat on our nickel. I know i dont want to keep going out of pocket for expenses until i see who really is going to comprise the RCAS. Right now only two people other than you are showing any interest in any aspects of the club. So im not really wild about this idea. Is he joking? R U serious?
          Bob

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 21, 2011
            Robert,
            Don,t know anything about the Lone Star Audio Fest but
            seems like a long way to haul a system too. Is there anything other than bringing my preamp to our next meeting that I need to know about?
            I will get there early to help set up
            Alan

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2011
              Alan we are building our club and have no immediate plans for out of town events. Our emphasis is on regular meetings, establishing our base of members, listening to systems, new music and socializing. Anyone is welcomed and encouraged to go to out of town events but it's beyond my capability to do something like Fred (who is in Houston) is suggesting. Houston's club has been a round along time, maybe they can afford hospitality suites, I dont really know. I personally attend the denver show and CES every year. Thas enough shows for me!

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 21, 2011
                Robert, Alan, I apologize if my suggestion was presumptuous. What I suggested for you is something I do personally with no HAS involvement, and I enjoy it very much. I thought you might enjoy it too, and at the same time get some visibility for the club. If you decide to go to Dallas for the event be sure to stop by my room to hear the system.

                Fred

                --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:

                > Robert,
                > Don,t know anything about the Lone Star Audio Fest but
                > seems like a long way to haul a system too. Is there anything other than
                > bringing my preamp to our next meeting that I need to know about?
                > I will get there early to help set up

              • noflatsnosharps
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
                  Talked to the guys from Legacy Audio, and they are planning on being there. So am I.
                  Lee

                  --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "fredt300b" <audiofred@...> wrote:

                  > This is the official invitation to RCA members to join us in Dallas on May 13-15 for the Lone Star Audio Fest. The LSAF room rate is $99/nite for a two room suite, or if you're on a more modest budget rooms are available at nearby hotels for less. Here's a link to the LSAF web page: http://lonestaraudiofest.com/
                  >
                  > The LSAF is a regional show whose exhibitors include manufacturers, dealers, DIY'ers and vintage audio geeks. There are no exhibitor fees, and show visitors can participate in all the exhibits and presentations for free. Think of the LSAF as an Audio Flash Mob, and you'll be getting your brain around the concept.
                  >
                  > All you have to do is to show up and you're officially a vistor, but wouldn't it be great if the River City Audio Society reserved a suite, stocked the fridge with adult beverages, maybe set up a system, and declared it the official RCA hangout for the event? Just sayin'...
                  >
                  > Here's a link to the LSAF forum at AudioRoundTable: http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=42&

                • vintagehifisteve
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
                    I think it would be a great idea to have an RCAS suite as suggested. I'll be there as well.

                    -Steven