Greetings from the River City Audio Society

  • wardsweb
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2011
      Our inaugural meeting was an unqualified success with 35 audio enthusiasts in attendance. Building on this interest and momentum it is our pleasure to announce our February meeting events:

      First, some great news regarding our guest speaker. Vade Forrester, the expert reviewer of audio equipment on Soundstage and other web sites has graciously agreed to make a comprehensive presentation. Vade is a bona fide subject area expert and a respected "golden ear" reviewer. The subject? Music servers! Yes, this was the category that most of our members indicated was their #1 interest. This will be a fantastic presentation with cutting edge information to include both hardware and software demonstrations. Welcome to the 21st Century of music enjoyment.

      Secondly, we will initiate our first "shoot out" of different components. This month the category is PREAMPLIFIERS. We are inviting members to bring a preamplifier to the meeting and we will hook it up to a system and listen to the differences (if any). No criticisms, just observations. Members can speak briefly as to the attributes of their preamplifiers as we all listen. This is not a $$$ contest. Due to time constraints we must limit this to the first five members to contact me upon receipt of this email. Sign up now and I will confirm if you should bruing your preamplifier.

      Once again John is donating an EXTREME door prize. I want this one myself....but you must come to the meeting and be on the member list to be eligible to win. You will be surprised. I guess John doesnt know these items are not tax deductable. Dont tell him.

      Finally, we we also discuss our plans for home visitation to listen to members systems. We all want to do this, but nobody wants a small mob invading their home. We will discuss common sense rules and how to make this happen in the coming months.

      The meeting will be at Bjorns in the same location (small house area) as last month and commence at 1pm on 26 February 2011. Please be aware there are other events thnat have also been scheduled for the same date at different times in Bjorns but they are not part of the RCAS monthly meeting. Also, bring a favorite CD (or music list) for us to enjoy.

      We are on Facebook and Yahoo Groups as The River City Audio Society (RCAS). This is your forum for sharing information and promoting our new society. Happy listening to all and see you at the meeting.

      Bob & John