Re: Wireless remote control for vintage equipment

  • gregguillot
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
      Ulises,

      Check out the Audiocubics R-Cube (audiocubics.com). They seem really well made and and have remotes made from different exotic materials. They run $295 which is a bit pricey. I think John has one. (I have not used one personally.)
      One thing I did was to purchase the Emotiva XDA-2, which includes a DAC and a remote control for volume. It does not have any analog inputs, but I use it to pipe my Mac Mini/Mog source combination via optical into the DAC and then analog out to my receiver (Marantz 2270.) The remote control is well made and the DAC is quite nice.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
        I too have the Emotiva XDA-2; bought on the first day it was available.  It is a very nice 24/192 DAC and the remote is built better than some high-end equipment!  It also has a very nice headphone amplifier built in.

        Don

        Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2013 3:02 PM
        Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Wireless remote control for vintage equipment

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2013
          Hi Don and Greg,
          Thanks for the tips, I need analog volume control so the little cube seems to be exactly what I was looking for, except I wanted something for half the price =) especially because i need two, one for the Carver and one for the Mac. But if there's nothing else out there, I guess I'd have to go for it. I'm going to see if I'm happy with the Sansui EQ Ijust bought and go from there.

          Thanks!

          Ulises.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2013
            Hi, Ulises:

            I may be remembering incorrectly since it doesn't really affect my system, but I think this DAC may have an analog volume control even though it has a digital numerical readout of the level. You might check Emotiva's web site for that product to verify this.

            Don