Re: Speaker switch and Mecano

  • Greg Guillot
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
      I was about to spring for that switch but got concerned about using it with my tube amps. Since it is dual source, I was planning on hooking my Marantz 2270 and Fisher 800B as sources. I am worried that switching away from the tube amp may leave it unloaded and that may damage the OPT's.  I asked OSD directly about this, but they replied with a boilerplate response about using their impedance matching volume controls.
      Ulises - have you used a tube amp as a source with that switch? If I remember correctly, you had a SS Mac receiver connected (sounded awesome!).
      If anyone else has any experience or insight on this, I would appreciated it.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2013
        Hi Greg,

        I have the same concern so I have not connected it ti my a Carver tube amps. I think Bob Carver told me it wouldn't damage these particular amps if they didn't have a load for a little while, but I don't think leaving them without load for a while is a good idea, also who knows how they'll behave if switching the load in and out.

        So for now I'm just playing with it with solid state amps.