Re: Greetings

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
      Welcome Pierre!! I'm looking forward to seeing you at the meetings - we'll have fun!! Also, maybe one day you could bring your Vienna Acoustics speakers to one of the meetings, I want to listen to those!! =)
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
        Hi, Pierre:

        Welcome to our club!  It was very nice meeting you at the meeting last weekend and we hope you can make the upcoming meeting at Bjorn’s.  Yes, we have some great members and a wealth of knowledge in all things audio among our members.  They are also a very nice bunch of guys too!
        Hope to see you soon!

        Don

        Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:03 AM
        Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Greetings

        Hi,

        My name is Pierre Martinez and I just joined the RCA Scociety. I was at Ulises' meeting last weekend and I had a great time. I met Ulises at Valero Energy where I used to work in the IT department. Now I work for NuStar Energy.

        I am really excited to join this group since I have had a passion for music and Hi-Fi equipment since I was a little boy back in he late 1960's. I am really looking forward to share this hobby and passion with people in San Antonio. I have been in San Antonio since late 1998 and I have not met anybody that enjoyed this hobby until I found out about the RCA Society.

        Thank you and hope to see you all soon.

        Sincerely,

        Pierre

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
          Pierra is in the house! ¡Wepa!   I'm glad you decided to join our group of audio enthusiasts. It was great to meet you at Ulises' home. We have to get together sometime over at my place.

          Luther

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
            Thanks guys!! I cannot find in the RCAS calendar the date for the Bjorn's meeting. When is the meeting?

            Luther, where did you hear Wepa! for the first time?!

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
              One of my first meetings with the club was at Luther's house, THAT was an eye opener, especially his system with the Clearaudio turntable. I never thought "ancient technology" like LP records could sound like that! It drove me to get a better turntable, better cartridges, cleaner records, but I'm not even in the same zip code, let alone ballpark with Luther's system! ... and you GOTTA see his Klipsch speakers and when you pick up your jaw from the floor, you might want to listen to them too! And of course his DIY equipment and restorations are awesome!
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 2, 2013
                Hey, Ulises:

                Just checking; did you get the photos I sent you?

                Don

                Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:30 PM
                Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Greetings

                One of my first meetings with the club was at Luther's house, THAT was an eye opener, especially his system with the Clearaudio turntable. I never thought "ancient technology" like LP records could sound like that! It drove me to get a better turntable, better cartridges, cleaner records, but I'm not even in the same zip code, let alone ballpark with Luther's system! ... and you GOTTA see his Klipsch speakers and when you pick up your jaw from the floor, you might want to listen to them too! And of course his DIY equipment and restorations are awesome!

              • Matt

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 3, 2013
                    Hi Don, I did get the pictures, Thank you!

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 4, 2013
                      Hi, Ulises:

                      Hope you will send some of them to Bob; bet he will appreciate seeing the speakers new home, especially since he talked to you while we were all over there listening to them.

                      Don

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013
                        Pierre, just a quick reminder our club meeting is this Saturday at Bjorns. We post our events on the web site and also send out individual email reminders to members. Please see John Schurman on Saturday to complete a member information sheet. Thanks, Bob

                        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "pierrema333" wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > My name is Pierre Martinez and I just joined the RCA Scociety. I was at Ulises' meeting last weekend and I had a great time. I met Ulises at Valero Energy where I used to work in the IT department. Now I work for NuStar Energy.
                        >
                        > I am really excited to join this group since I have had a passion for music and Hi-Fi equipment since I was a little boy back in he late 1960's. I am really looking forward to share this hobby and passion with people in San Antonio. I have been in San Antonio since late 1998 and I have not met anybody that enjoyed this hobby until I found out about the RCA Society.
                        >
                        > Thank you and hope to see you all soon.
                        >
                        > Sincerely,
                        >
                        > Pierre

                      • Pierre Martinez
                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013
                          Thanks i looked in the calendar at the site. ...and did not see it..

                          Sent from mobile device

                          Robert <godzilla56@...> wrote:

                          >Pierre, just a quick reminder our club meeting is this Saturday at Bjorns. We post our events on the web site and also send out individual email reminders to members. Please see John Schurman on Saturday to complete a member information sheet. Thanks, Bob
                          >
                          >--- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "pierrema333" wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Hi,
                          >>
                          >> My name is Pierre Martinez and I just joined the RCA Scociety. I was at Ulises' meeting last weekend and I had a great time. I met Ulises at Valero Energy where I used to work in the IT department. Now I work for NuStar Energy.
                          >>
                          >> I am really excited to join this group since I have had a passion for music and Hi-Fi equipment since I was a little boy back in he late 1960's. I am really looking forward to share this hobby and passion with people in San Antonio. I have been in San Antonio since late 1998 and I have not met anybody that enjoyed this hobby until I found out about the RCA Society.
                          >>
                          >> Thank you and hope to see you all soon.
                          >>
                          >> Sincerely,
                          >>
                          >> Pierre

                        • stevenzaiontz
                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013
                            Robert, am I seeing the calendar correct? It shows the RCAS meeting for 7PM Bjorns this coming Saturday the 9th. Please verify the time.

                            Thanks,
                            Steven

                            --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:

                            > Pierre, just a quick reminder our club meeting is this Saturday at Bjorns. We post our events on the web site and also send out individual email reminders to members. Please see John Schurman on Saturday to complete a member information sheet. Thanks, Bob
                            >
                            > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "pierrema333" wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Hi,
                            > >
                            > > My name is Pierre Martinez and I just joined the RCA Scociety. I was at Ulises' meeting last weekend and I had a great time. I met Ulises at Valero Energy where I used to work in the IT department. Now I work for NuStar Energy.
                            > >
                            > > I am really excited to join this group since I have had a passion for music and Hi-Fi equipment since I was a little boy back in he late 1960's. I am really looking forward to share this hobby and passion with people in San Antonio. I have been in San Antonio since late 1998 and I have not met anybody that enjoyed this hobby until I found out about the RCA Society.
                            > >
                            > > Thank you and hope to see you all soon.
                            > >
                            > > Sincerely,
                            > >
                            > > Pierre

                          • fredt300b
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 6, 2013

                              Hello All,

                              Here's a preview of my presentation. I'll be demonstrating the Dayton Audio Omni Mic system, measuring the frequency response of a good quality standmount speaker and comparing it to the response of a pair of  Dayton B652's with the stock crossover and another pair of B652's with an improved crossover. We'll see the measured frequency response for each speaker, then listen to some music and discuss how the sound we hear is consistent with the measurements. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=390-792

                              The Dayton B652 is a $35/pr speaker that has gotten some surprisingly good reviews. See this one in Stereophile: http://www.stereophile.com/content/dayton-audio-b652-loudspeaker

                              For a more accurate review (that's consistent with the sound I hear from these speakers) see the Zaph Audio site here: http://www.zaphaudio.com/Dayton-B652.html The upgraded crosover I'll be using with one pair is the Zaph upgrade.

                              I also plan to demonstrate a $100 system using the modded B652 speakers ($55 with upgraded crossover), a $25 Lepai Tripath amp, and a $15 Coby DVD player, with interconnects from the 99 cent only store and the 20 gauge speaker cables that are included with the B652 speakers. Nobody will confuse this with high end sound, but it does sound better than the stuff most people are listening to.

                              I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.

                              Fred Thompson (AudioFred)

                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 7, 2013
                                No it is 1 pm, ill change it...

                                Sent from my iPad

                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 7, 2013
                                  Steven, I just checked the calendar but it DOES say 1pm, nothing to change. Not sure what you are looking at?
                                  Bob
                                  --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" wrote:

                                  > Robert, am I seeing the calendar correct? It shows the RCAS meeting for 7PM Bjorns this coming Saturday the 9th. Please verify the time.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  > Steven
                                  >

                                  > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Pierre, just a quick reminder our club meeting is this Saturday at Bjorns. We post our events on the web site and also send out individual email reminders to members. Please see John Schurman on Saturday to complete a member information sheet. Thanks, Bob
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "pierrema333" wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Hi,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > My name is Pierre Martinez and I just joined the RCA Scociety. I was at Ulises' meeting last weekend and I had a great time. I met Ulises at Valero Energy where I used to work in the IT department. Now I work for NuStar Energy.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I am really excited to join this group since I have had a passion for music and Hi-Fi equipment since I was a little boy back in he late 1960's. I am really looking forward to share this hobby and passion with people in San Antonio. I have been in San Antonio since late 1998 and I have not met anybody that enjoyed this hobby until I found out about the RCA Society.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thank you and hope to see you all soon.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Sincerely,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Pierre

                                • stevenzaiontz
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Feb 7, 2013
                                    Robert, that's strange. I just looked again and it still says the meeting is from 7-10PM.

                                    -Steven

                                    --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:

                                    > Steven, I just checked the calendar but it DOES say 1pm, nothing to change. Not sure what you are looking at?
                                    > Bob
                                    > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Robert, am I seeing the calendar correct? It shows the RCAS meeting for 7PM Bjorns this coming Saturday the 9th. Please verify the time.
                                    > >
                                    > > Thanks,
                                    > > Steven
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Pierre, just a quick reminder our club meeting is this Saturday at Bjorns. We post our events on the web site and also send out individual email reminders to members. Please see John Schurman on Saturday to complete a member information sheet. Thanks, Bob

                                  • Kris Rexroad
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Feb 8, 2013
                                      Hello RCA*S,

                                      I'm planning on attending the February meeting tomorrow.  I have a question for the local San Antonio membership.  Can anyone recommend a recycling center in San Antonio that takes glass products (and accepts donations on Saturday)?  Name and address would be wonderful.  So far, I've only been to SA three times in my life, so I don't really know the area too well.  My local recycler doesn't take glass, and it would be nice to clear some space in my home since I'm headed to the big city on Saturday.

                                      Thanks, and apologies if this is too far off topic,
                                      Kris