Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Speaker foam surround projects

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013
      Good to know Ulises. It isn't really hard but you must have patience and take your time. I've done many over the years using several methods to hold the voice coil center: shims around the voice coil, manually center by hand and play a low frequency tone through them. The most I've ever done at one time is 18 from a pair of Bose 901 Series 3 that each have 9 drivers.

      Luther

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2013
        Holy cow - 18 at a time! And I was so proud of myself because I've done 5-6 in the last few months =)

        I'll finish the a Dahlquist this morning, I'm centering by hand but these woofers are more wobbly than the other ones I've centered by hand. I'll try, worst case scenario I'll have to re do it by using shims around the voice coil. I'll let you know how it turns out.

        I'm also replacing the cloth in the Maggies but the one I ordered is a little too thick and doesn't quite fit in the groove, I might have to order a thinner one...

        Ulises.