For sale: Audio Nirvana 12" Fullrange speakers with cabinets $300

  • stevenzaiontz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
      Well, I've got the itch to build yet another pair of DIY speakers so these have to go. These speakers use 12" Audio Nirvana cast frame drivers from Commonsenseaudio.com and are in the 5.6 enclosure which is optimum for this driver as well as the 15" version. This is a great sounding speakers that uses no crossover so those of you with fleawatt amplification will be happy to know that these are right up your alley. I used Belden 5000UE 12AWG wiring internally which can easily be swapped out for your choice of boutique wiring, solid core, or stranded. These speakers are about 96db/1w/1m and respond well to both tube and solid state amplification. If you've never heard a true, fullrange single driver speaker using no crossover in the signal path you owe it to yourself to swing by and give these a listen.

      Here are a few links to pictures I've taken of them.

      http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#0
      http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#1
      http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#2

      Feel free to ask any questions or request an audition. Please note,at this time, if an audition is requested, it would be best to bring your own form of amplification as my main amp being serviced.

      I'm asking $300 picked up from my house on the northeast side of San Antonio near Nacogdoches and Loop 1604.

      Cheers,
      Steven
    • gregguillot
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2013
        I had a chance to stop by Steven's house and listen to his Audio Nirvana FR speakers. Excellent craftsmanship by Steven on the cabs as usual! These speakers are really nice and would probably open up wonderfully in the right size room. If you have not heard full range speakers, you should probably give Steven a call - these are probably the best example of full range speakers out there.

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" wrote:

        > Well, I've got the itch to build yet another pair of DIY speakers so these have to go. These speakers use 12" Audio Nirvana cast frame drivers from Commonsenseaudio.com and are in the 5.6 enclosure which is optimum for this driver as well as the 15" version. This is a great sounding speakers that uses no crossover so those of you with fleawatt amplification will be happy to know that these are right up your alley. I used Belden 5000UE 12AWG wiring internally which can easily be swapped out for your choice of boutique wiring, solid core, or stranded. These speakers are about 96db/1w/1m and respond well to both tube and solid state amplification. If you've never heard a true, fullrange single driver speaker using no crossover in the signal path you owe it to yourself to swing by and give these a listen.
        >
        > Here are a few links to pictures I've taken of them.
        >
        > http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#0
        > http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#1
        > http://imgur.com/a/PztSY#2
        >
        > Feel free to ask any questions or request an audition. Please note,at this time, if an audition is requested, it would be best to bring your own form of amplification as my main amp being serviced.
        >
        > I'm asking $300 picked up from my house on the northeast side of San Antonio near Nacogdoches and Loop 1604.
        >

        > Cheers,
        > Steven

      • stevenzaiontz
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
          Thanks for the kind words, Greg. It was good having you over for a few tunes.

          -Steven