Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Fw: Adele Live

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
      Joe, the stuff I have seen would indicate that the album should have noticeably less compression than the CD and should sound better than the CD. There may also be a discrepancy in production quality between the US pressing and the European pressing. The US having more pops, clicks and surface noise. However, there is some difference of opinion on that.
      That said, my experience with new vinyl (re-issues or recent artists' first pressings) is that I just have to listen to my specific copy. Some are excellent, while others are not worthy, and as far as I can determine there is no ryme or reason involved. Maybe production quality has always been up and down the scale, and I just never cared back when vinyl was king. Don't get me started though.
      So, if you just can't wait to get the phono preamp come over and give your specific copy a spin on the system over here. I'm free again most weekends now that the holiday hubbub is over. Most weekends are good.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
        Thanks for the offer,Matt. I might take you up on that after I get over the Flu . And you're exactly correct-record quality has ALWAYS been all over the map . No logic to it ,except classical usually is better than the rest.I once read an industry insider that quality of product is not even in the top 5 considerations of the music Business.    Happy New Year !  Joe

        Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:56 AM