Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 29, 2012
      Wondering if any other RCAS members will be attending CES in Las Vegas? I will be at Excalibur and using the CES bus system to get to the audio exhibits at the Venetian. Also, "The Show" is going on at the same time, I think it is at the Flamengo.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 29, 2012
        I had planned to go, but I overspent at Christmas, so I can’t afford to go this year; hopefully, next year.

        Don

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
          Hi Don.

          Yes I understand that Xmas spending problem very well! Anyhow, I hope to see and hear some of the products we missed at Denver, especially since we both were ill during the show. I also plan to pick up a few LP's including the Doors 45rpm reissue by Acoustic Sounds that is being raved about in the audio press. Of course I already have about five versions of that album (first album), but it seems the latest is the only one made from the actual master tapes and where everything was done "in house" by Acoustic Sounds. On another subject  I havent heard from Ulises but Im still hoping we can have a January meeting.  Maybe after CES we can get our heads together.....

          Bob

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
            I was over at Ulises' place today. The issues with the Genesis sub amp have been worked out and the speakers sound incredible. He also has some temp woofers in the Martin Logan Prodigys. He is still planning on having a meeting sometime in January. I'll let him chime in to fill in details.

            Luther

            ...snip...  I haven't heard from Ulises but I'm still hoping we can have a January meeting.  Maybe after CES, we can get our heads together.....

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
              That sounds like great news to me!
              Bob

              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
                Hi, Bob:

                I just downloaded the 96/24 version of The Doors first album from HD Tracks during their VIP Sale.  It would be interesting to compare that version with the new LP version you mentioned(after you return from CES).  I also purchased an album by Chesky Records, Amber Rubarth upon the recommendation of a reviewer.  Although the recording is “only” Redbook, the quality sounds better than some 96/24 albums I have heard.  She a talented singer and the arrangement is very lean with just her guitar and an upright bass on many of the tracks.  Anyway, I am listening to it now on my monitors and sounds very very clean.  It was also recorded in Chesky’s proprietary Binaural format, but haven’t had the time to listen to it with my good headphones yet.

                Don