Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Magnepan 3.6R speakers

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 14, 2012
      Ulises,
      Remember when transporting the Maggies to put in place the ribbon protector
      The ribbon can be easily broken when moving without the protector in place
      Have fun
      Alan

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 21, 2012
        Hi Alan, I got the Maggies at home. I can't wait to hear them, but we couldn't find the x-overs ay Bob's house. I searched eBay for a replacement and couldn't find anything. I got Dave's custom x overs for Maggies, but I don't know if they're high pass filters, or low pass, I hooked it up to a different speaker and couldn't tell what it does. Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
      • fredt300b
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 22, 2012

          The MG3.6 external crossover box contains only part of the speaker's total crossover circuit. If you can't find the original it would be very easy to replicate it. You could even use some better quality parts, although that isn't necessary. Here's a link to a color coded schematic that indicates which elements are in the box versus permanently installed in the speaker itself: http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/tweaks/mag3.6xover.html

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 22, 2012
            Ulises,
            The custom xovers might just be the same as the regular xovers but with better parts.
            Do you know if they were used with the maggies in a passive mode or were they part of
             a bi-amp electronic setup. If you go to the planer section of Audio Asylum and do a search you should be able to find a schematic
            of what is in the external box. If I get some time I will try to hunt this down
            Alan