Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Matt Solario wins Spurs Tickets

  • Matt Solorio
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 18, 2012
      Bob, sorry we weren't able to enjoy one of our chinwags yesterday. I bet the formula one race was awesome though.
      I did not realize until reading through Fermin's email a second time that the tickets are for this Monday. ARG!
      While I would surely enjoy seeing a Spurs game in person, unfortunatley due to circumstanes beyond my control it will not be possible this Monday.
      Would love to to pass these onto someone who can go and have a great time. Bob?

      ---Matt

      Just back from Austin races and I se a note from Fermion that Matt Solario won the tickets for the Spurs game at the meeting today!
      Congrats Matt, let me know if you need a date :).
      Seriously, contact Fermin or go by to get your tickets if you havent already.

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 18, 2012
        I would love to go but I dont know if that is setting a good example for the club or not. So, if anyone else would like the tickets please send in your name tonite or tomorrow morning. If we have several Ill do a drawing with the names and we will re-award the tickets. If nobody else wants them Ill talk to Fermin about it.
        Fair?
        Bob

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Matt Solorio <thudeets@...> wrote:

        > Bob, sorry we weren't able to enjoy one of our chinwags yesterday. I bet the formula one race was awesome though.
        > I did not realize until reading through Fermin's email a second time that the tickets are for this Monday. ARG!
        > While I would surely enjoy seeing a Spurs game in person, unfortunatley due to circumstanes beyond my control it will not be possible this Monday.
        > Would love to to pass these onto someone who can go and have a great time. Bob?
        >
        > ---Matt
        >

        > ________________________________

      • francisco licon
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 18, 2012
          you can put my name in, thanks
          Frank

          I would love to go but I dont know if that is setting a good example for the club or not. So, if anyone else would like the tickets please send in your name tonite or tomorrow morning. If we have several Ill do a drawing with the names and we will re-award the tickets. If nobody else wants them Ill talk to Fermin about it.
          Fair?
          Bob

          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Matt Solorio <thudeets@...> wrote:

          > Bob, sorry we weren't able to enjoy one of our chinwags yesterday. I bet the formula one race was awesome though.
          > I did not realize until reading through Fermin's email a second time that the tickets are for this Monday. ARG!
          > While I would surely enjoy seeing a Spurs game in person, unfortunatley due to circumstanes beyond my control it will not be possible this Monday.
          > Would love to to pass these onto someone who can go and have a great time. Bob?
          >
          > ---Matt
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Matt Solorio
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 19, 2012
            Bob, that is a more than fair solution. Good luck to all!

            ---Matt

            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 19, 2012

              Hi Matt

              Looks like Francisco Licon is the winner.......John is trying to reach him now............
              Boy you sure have good luck. Want to go with me to vegas sometime? :)
              Bob

              Bob, that is a more than fair solution. Good luck to all!

              ---Matt

              I would love to go but I dont know if that is setting a good example for the club or not. So, if anyone else would like the tickets please send in your name tonite or tomorrow morning. If we have several Ill do a drawing with the names and we will re-award the tickets. If nobody else wants them Ill talk to Fermin about it.
              Fair?
              Bob

              --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Matt Solorio <thudeets@...> wrote:

              > Bob, sorry we weren't able to enjoy one of our chinwags yesterday. I bet the formula one race was awesome though.
              > I did not realize until reading through Fermin's email a second time that the tickets are for this Monday. ARG!
              > While I would surely enjoy seeing a Spurs game in person, unfortunatley due to circumstanes beyond my control it will not be possible this Monday.
              > Would love to to pass these onto someone who can go and have a great time. Bob?
              >
              > ---Matt
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Matt Solorio
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 19, 2012
                Congratulations, Francisco.
                Bob, my luck waxes and wanes unpredictably. Last time I was in Reno I lost big.
                However, you reminded me taht I need to followup regarding the V-DAC I won at Galen's. It has been burned in, and it sounds outstanding attached to the Sonos wireless Connect amp in my two-channel system. It turned the little 44.1 kHz 16 bit Connect unit into something that to me sounds virtually 24/96.

                --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Matt Solorio <thudeets@...> wrote: > > Bob, sorry we weren't able to enjoy one of our chinwags yesterday. I bet the formula one race was awesome though. > I did not realize until reading through Fermin's email a second time that the tickets are for this Monday. ARG! > While I would surely enjoy seeing a Spurs game in person, unfortunatley due to circumstanes beyond my control it will not be possible this Monday. > Would love to to pass these onto someone who can go and have a great time. Bob? >   > ---Matt >   >   > > ________________________________ > From: Robert <godzilla56@...> > To: mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com > Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:06 PM > Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Matt Solario wins Spurs Tickets > > >   > > Just back from Austin races and I se a note from Fermion that Matt Solario won the tickets for the Spurs game at the meeting today! > Congrats Matt, let me know if you need a date :). > Seriously, contact Fermin or go by to get your tickets if you havent already. > Bob >
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 20, 2012
                  I was wondering about that DAC. I would be interested in comparing your V-DAC with my modded music hall DAC. I bought the Music Hall several years ago..... but at this years Rocky Mountain,  Jim Hall sold me a new improved output stage tube that improves the unit quite a bit..I also upgraded the power cord as well. I keep it in 24/96 mode as I like that sound quite a bit.. Finally, Im using a Music Fidelity async device since the music hall DAC did not offer asynch timing. It is a bit bulky with the extra wires but sounds quite good to me. Are you up to coming over some evening or weekend so we can "play" with the DACs?
                  Bob

                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Thanks Matt and Bob, my son and I truly enjoyed the Spurs game, even though they lost! I thanked Fermin for his hospitality to the RCA'S and the tickets when I picked them up. See you all soon!
                    Frank

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 20, 2012
                      Your welcome. It's great that you took your son to see a game!
                      Bob

                      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, francisco licon <flicon56@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks Matt and Bob, my son and I truly enjoyed the Spurs game, even though they lost! I thanked Fermin for his hospitality to the RCA'S and the tickets when I picked them up. See you all soon!
                      > Frank

                    • Matt Solorio
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 21, 2012
                        Bob, absolutely.

                        I will bring the V-DAC. Not a problem as it is so easy to disconnect and carry around.
                        Sunday after next might work if you are free. That is the weekend before the RCAS party. What say you?

                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 21, 2012
                          Frank, you are welcome!

                          ---Matt

                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 21, 2012
                            Sounds good to me. Ill put it on my schedule!

                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 24, 2012
                              Bob, looking forward to it.