New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 20, 2012
      I have obtained several more of those sweet sounding Japanese K2, HD, Master Recordings. I played excerpts from a Joan Baez K2 Master disc at the last meeting. Matt, you may be interested to know one of the discs I picked up at the show is "DiMeola, McLaughlin and DeLucia", one of our favorite albums! They also had a new version (pressing/mastering) of the venerable 1812 Overture also in the K2 HD format so I grabbed it also. I dont plan any big trips for the next month so any RCAS are welcome to drop by and listen to these. Just drop me an email.
      Bob
    • Matt Solorio
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 20, 2012
        Bob, thank you for the FYI on the "DiMeola, McLaughlin and Delucia" K2.
        After listening to your K2 of Baez at Luther's a few weeks back I could not stop thinking about it. I finally had to buy a copy for myself. The K2 packaging alone is practically worth the price. I really cannot get enough of the "Diamonds and Rust" track.

        Thank you, again!
        ---Matt

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 20, 2012
          Hi Matt. As much as I would like to take credit I first heard that K2 Joan Baez at Vade Forrester's house and it blew me away. I'll even admit I had previously wondered if the K2's were worth the extra money...but after hearing those discs I realized that CD's can really sound great if they have been properly mastered from a decent original recording and every step in the replication process is done with TLC. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
          Bob

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 22, 2012
              Joe, definitely. It sounds like its a worthy version to compare to the K2. Thank you!

              From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 22, 2012
                Great ! This gives me incentive to do more vinyl cleaning . I'll let you know when it's clean.

                From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 26, 2012
                  I'm not satisfied with my first cleaning attempt. I'll do it again this evening & you can pick it up at your convenience. Let me know when you'd like to come or if you want to watch my cleaning process.     Joe

                  From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 27, 2012
                    Joe, how about tomorrow (Sunday)?

                    In addition, since you are offering, I would be very interested in watching the actual cleaning process you use because the process I use always leaves me with uncertainty regarding its effectiveness. Would love to learn a new technique to try out. A few months back just out of curiosity I even tried the wood glue technique on an album I wouldn't mind losing if something went wrong. It was fun pealing the dried glue off the album, however I cannot say the album sounded any better after; -- definitely no worse though. Oh, bother.
                    Anyway, how does tomorrow sound? I am flexible so please suggest a time if you are game. If not, would you want to shoot for next weekend?

                    From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 27, 2012
                      Tomorrow ,Sunday, works for me twice :   I'm going to visit family leaving at 9:35 A.M. , and I'm back in the evening,possibly before 7:00 P.M. ,so morning or evening work for you ? I forgot to clean it a second time plus I have another LP I thought you'd like I want to clean.   Joe

                      From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 27, 2012
                        Joe, morning would work. How about 8:30/45?

                        From: Robert <godzilla56@...>To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 1:18 PMSubject: [rivercityaudiosociety] New K2 HD CD Master Recordings