Rocky Mountain Audio Fest Survival Report

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012
      Five of us made the trek to Denver to attend the show this past weekend. And I think all five us us were sick at different times. It could be attributed to the elevation, change of season, allergies, you name it. I"m still under the weather and trying to recover. I have posted a picture of our group in the photo section.

      As many of you know one of our members Jim Clements writes for the "Secrets of Home Theater" web site. He has posted extensive coverage from the show and you should visit this site and read his blogs as he covered all of the important gear that was shown.

      There were many highlights but for me a 13 layer glass digital pressing (yes I mean glass as opposed to the usual polycarbonate of CD's) sounded astounding. It also costs $2,000 and is currently sold out! Also the new "Blade" speakers from KEF sounded as good as anything I have ever heard.

      We do not have a meeting scheduled for this month. However, if any member would like to hold a meeting let me know and i can make the arrangements with Bjorns. I recall both Don and Alan have run past meetings that were excellent....any other volunteers?