RCAS Speaker project - Hawthorne Silver Iris 15"

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012
      I have been enjoying our speakers ! So natural sounding . Last night I finished rewiring the connections from the drivers to the crossovers with the best wire I've ever used and they DO sound better than before with no negatives as far as I can hear . Sorry,Steven I should have done this before you came over to listen. Maybe you could have me over when you have them and are driven by your wonderful Class D Audio amp ? For those not familiar with these drivers, see them here : http://www.hawthorneaudio.com/catalogs/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=1   And so you know what wire I used : http://www.clairvoyantcables.com/id81.html    The original wires are 16 gauge stranded copper with some kind of thick plastic insulation and the new wires are still 16 gauge,but just a double run of single strand 20 gauge,which equals 16 gauge . See the AWG chart : http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm   I really like my speakers,but I will miss these Hawthorne's when they're gone .   Joe Bohan