Re: Saturday at the Houston Audio Society Meeting

  • fredt300b
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2012

      Bob, thanks for the kind words. It was good to have some RCAS visitors at our meeting. It's an easy drive, and it gives Luther an excuse to visit Buc-ee's, so I hope we'll have some RCAS visitors at future meetings. Luther posted some pictures here: http://lonestarbottleheads.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=55

      My plan for a RCAS meeting would be to repeat the part where we auditioned a few standmount speakers and discussed their measured on-axis in-room frequency response versus our subjective perceptions of their sound quality. I used the Dayton Audio Omni-Mic system, with the response graphs displayed on a 42" flatscreen TV so everybody could see them. I used my Selah Audio TRT's as a reference. I would not be able to bring these speakers, so it would be great if we could use a comparable quality speaker pair such as Steven's Zaph Audio SR-71's.  We compared the reference speakers to a stock pair and a modded pair of $29/pr Dayton Audio B-652's. The modded pair had Zaph Krutke's recommended crossover, and the interior volume was almost doubled to provide better bass. Here's the link to Zaph's page on modding the B-652: http://www.zaphaudio.com/Dayton-B652.html

      If there's any interst I can do this in Feb of next year or later in the year.