Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Who is Going to Denver (Rocky Mountain) Audio Fest?

  • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi, Jim:

      So glad to hear that you will be attending RMAF. As stated, Dave and his wife, Bob and I are all staying at the Hyatt and will be going out to dinner at least one evening. I hope you can join us!
      See you there!

      Don

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2012
        Hi Don.
        OK, I have my RSVP's all completed. I will be going on Thursday afternoon and staying at the Hyatt until Monday. Dont forget your RCAS shirt!
        Bob

        ---- Jim <jim.clements@...> wrote:

        > I'll be covering RMAF for Secrets again this year. I'm staying at the tech center.
        >
        > I am a member of RCA's, but I haven't been to a meeting in months. My kids are at the age were they aren't on diapers anymore, but they are still too young to drive. And as modern kids, they are into tons of different activities. So guess who provides taxi service :-) The result is, I have to miss RCA meetings far too often.
        >
        > Be that as it may, I'd like to meet up with the group for dinner whenever you decide. Just please keep me in the loop so I can coordinate my schedule and hang out with my local compadres.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Robert Guerin <godzilla56@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks for the info Don. I have a few things to check on Monday but its looking good. If I come I would also be at the Hyatt Regency as the Hilton Garden Inn & Marriott are sold out. I think I know the steakhouse he is talking about....it is owned by a former Denver Broncos football coach and is nearby. Last year they had the world premiere of the Pink Floyd remasters in 7 channel surround using super high end gear set up in the Hyatt Regency Convention center. It was amazing. Maybe there will be something like that again this year......
        > > Bob
        > >
        > > Sent from my iPad
        > >
        > > On 29 Sep 2012, at 13:22, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hi, Bob:
        > > >
        > > > Glad to hear you made it back in one piece! Also glad to hear that you may be attending RMAF; I will be arriving there on Thursday and coming back on Monday, so I will be there for the entire show. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency about a block from the Tech Center and Dave and his wife will also be attending and also staying at the Hyatt. I think we are the only ones as John is skipping out this year so he can attend the Tokyo show (lucky guy!). I was able to get direct flights both ways, although originally when I was coming back on Sunday, all the direct flights were sold out except for the red-eye flight. We are going to hook up for dinner one evening as Dave knows a good steakhouse near the Tech Center.
        > > > See you there!
        > > >
        > > > Don

      • Strike Force Bravo
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2012
          Hi Jim,
          Glad you will be representing us as well in Denver. My wife (Denise) and I will be attending for our 3rd straight year and are looking forward to meeting with other RCA'ers (Bob and Don) while there. We were all looking at meeting up at the Cool River Cafe (see link below)

          http://www.coolrivercafe.com/home.php?c=1

          Why don't we all plan to meet there around 6 PM on Friday evening? The Restaurant is only a couple of blocks from the Marriott and gives us time (for those interested) to make it back to the Marriott by 8 PM to enjoy this years' entertainment, Jazz Singer Anne Bisson.

          Will be nice to enjoy a few days of cool weather as the timing of the event is perfect and each time I've been there it has been sunny with highs around 70 during the day and crisp and cool with lows in the 50s in the evening.

          Dave

        • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2012
            Hi, Bob:

            Great! I am leaving here around 11:00 am on Thursday and arriving there around 2pm if I remember correctly. See you there!

            Don

          • jim.clements@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2012
              Dave:

              I agree with you about the weather, but the locals think temperatures in the 70's are scorching!

              I will be able to meet at Cool River at 6pm on Friday.

              Looking forward to a great show this year,

              Jim

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2012
                dave, is Cool River within walking distance from the Hyatt? I dont have a car on this trip.
                Bob