      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      From: bohan.joseph@...
      Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 05:33:16 -0700
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Website & Meeting Schedule

      I agree with Alan about the quick a/b testing. We saw how difficult that was at the cable shootout. The professional reviewers for the major audio publications take in a product and live with it awhile to get the full gestalt of what it sounds like.                                                                                                                                                           I also have a nice pair of set amps and modified Klipsch RF-5's , but no car. I would be willing to bring them with help. Also the gold speaker cables as I use them to greater advantage than was heard at the shootout.

      From: ddisbennett@...
      Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:14:11 +0000

      Bob:

      I would be willing to do a future meeting at Bjorn's on Powered Speakers. I have two such sets myself, one inexpensive and one modestly priced set, but I would like to have several other sets from other members if they are willing to bring them.
      Let me know and I will start working on it!

      Don
      ---- Robert Guerin <godzilla56@...> wrote:
      > Don has nailed it here. John and I changed to this format last year inasmuch as
      > it was a lot of work for the two of of us every month. However, if members would
      > identify topics, put together equipment and such there is no reason why we cant
      > go to more general meetings. . Bjorns will allow us there once a month if I ask
      > in advance. However, in the past when John & I have asked for topics
      we have
      > very little or no input. So, if the members want more meetings I think that is
      > great, but people need to step up for it to happen. Lets pick some months,
      > identify who will moderate the meeting, coordinate the equipment and so on. John
      > and I will be happy to continue the quarterly format as we are doing now and the
      > mini meetings. So, lets hear from others on this subject...what do you want?
      > As far as a separate website, that is more in Luthers domain. He set this up
      > for us and it seems to be working very well. If it costs money then that raises
      > another issue regarding club dues and such. John is already winded chasing
      > certain people to pay dues. I think I can speak for him when we say we dont need
      > to go out of pocket any more for expenses.
      > Anyway, these are good ideas and I like to hear members want more not less. It
      > is our club and should
      serve all of our needs. Lets here from others on these
      > subjects.

      counts: I am not opposed at all to our having our own
      > website if it can be done well and at a reasonable and sustainable cost, but I
      > believe the full meetings are very important to retaining our members interest
      > in the club. We can usually only accommodate 4 or 5 members at a mini-meeting
      > and we have 20 or more members at the full meetings. As Alan stated, they are a
      > lot of work(ask Bob and John about that!), but I believe there are plenty of
      > members who would be more than willing to help with meetings as Luther and I and
      > others have done in the past. Perhaps we need to get a list of topics for
      > future meetings and then have members sign up to take charge of those meetings
      > or help out in various ways to put that meeting on.
      >
      > As for Facebook, I am just not interested in it and have no desire to
      > participate in that media. I was on Facebook briefly and
      cancelled my
      > enrollment afterwards; not my thing, but I can see the appeal for younger
      > members perhaps.
      >
      > Don
      > ---- Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:
      > > Hey guys,
      > > Regarding the question of should we have our own web site, I would rather see
      > >us
      > >
      > > make a greater effort to have
      > > more full meetings for the general membership then we are now having. The mini
      >
      > > meetings are nice but a lot of our members
      > > are not attending these and will eventually drop out, It is the full meetings
      > > that will sustain our club. Trust me
      > > I speak from experience. I know that the full meetings are a lot of work but we
      > >
      > > have plenty of people
      > > here
      willing to help out.
      > > Also I do not want any involvement with Facebook
      > > Alan

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic