1930RE: Austin Audio Festival

  • pierrema333
    Dec 21, 2013

      I could not find anything about in the Internet.

      I learned about it when I received an email from Audio Systems (audio store in Austin). Below is the text that was in the body of the email that I received:

      Audio Systems December, 2013 Newsletter

      Legacy Audio in Austin, and Austin Audio Fest (March 28 and 29, 2014)

               I am pleased to announce the arrival of our first set of Legacy Audio speakers for demonstration in Austin-- the new Legacy Aeris.      The Aeris have just received Absolute Sound magazine's "High End Speaker of the Year" and as you will hear if you come in for a demonstration, the Aeris are remarkable.    A true full-range speaker, with 95db output for a 1 watt input, dual 500 watt amplifiers in each cabinet to drive the two active woofers, with an additional woofer in the bottom of the cabinet for even deeper bass, dipole midrange output, and a dual AMT folded tweeter arrangement for great higher frequency performance.     The Aeris speakers come with what Legacy calls the "Wave Launch Processor" which allows complete adjustment of the speakers to your listening room.       Every pair of Aeris will be delivered by Audio Systems, and set up in your room.

      Considering their performance and construction, the roughly twenty thousand dollar per pair Aeris speakers are fairly priced.     You do not need a very powerful amp to drive them, since the bass output is driven by the built-in 1000 watts amplifiers per speaker.      Like all Legacy Audio speakers, the Aeris feature U.S. made cabinetry (in the Legacy factory, in fact) with a choice of finishes, including cherry, walnut, oak, rosewood, black pearl, curly maple, birdseye maple, and several more.

      In January, we will also be getting the Legacy Focus SE loudspeakers.    The Focus SE are about half the price of the Aeris, use approximately the same mid and high range driver complement, but use smaller woofers, are not internally amplified, and do not come with the Wave Launch Processor (which can be added if desired, though).       To give some sense of the Legacy effort:    "While the driver tolerances on the FOCUS SE are a stringent +/- 1dB of the target function,, the FOCUS SE drivers are then performance matched to +/-0.25 dB. The measurement data is then recorded in our database and archived by serial number."      The Focus has been the most popular model of the Legacy products, and awarded Editor's Choice of Absolute Sound in both 2012 and 2013.

      Great sounding speakers, fairly priced, and adaptable to your listening room.      Come in for an audition.

      Make plans to attend the first annual "Austin Audio Fest" the last weekend of March, 2014 (March 28th and 29th) at Embassy Suites, 5801 N. IH35, Austin, 78723.     We will have three 28 x 40 foot demonstration rooms with full complement of Bryston speakers, amplifiers, and sources, a very wide selection of Kimber cable products, with comparison demonstrations put on by Kimber factory folks,  and about six different Legacy Audio speaker models on demonstration, including the Whisper XD and Signature speakers, plus other demonstrations for headphones, etc.      The hours will be 1PM to 7PM on Friday, March 28th and 10AM to 6PM on Saturday, March 29th.    No charge, and a lot of great sounding systems and equipment.     The store will be open (and less than 2 miles away) if you want to drop by to see what else we have on demonstration, or just say hello.    There will also be a free drawing at the Fest for Kimber audio cables-- you will just need to sign up for the drawing at the Fest, but not be present to win.

      Predictably, we will be sending more about this as the date approaches.    We hope to see you there!

                                                                                                                                                                                         -- Mark Lyon, Audio Systems

      Remember to check our website, audiosystems.com, for the latest arrivals, consignment and closeout equipment, and other information.

      Audio Systems, 1102 West Koenig Lane, Austin, Texas 78756

            tel.  512-451-5736

      Open Tuesday through Friday, 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 6pm

                                                                                        Closed Sundays and Mondays

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic