charmed risus

  • simons82766
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
      Has any one any information on starting a risus game around the TV
      show charmed would love to start one. also having a hard time finding
      a good monsters cliches list for sword and sorcery game I'm trying to
      start!!
    • Chris (Krzysztof)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2009
        --- In risustalk@yahoogroups.com, "simons82766" <simons82766@...>
        wrote:
        > also having a hard time finding
        > a good monsters cliches list for sword and sorcery game I'm trying
        > start!!

        Hi simons!

        Open any monster manual to any s&s game, or watch a movie - they're
        literary swarming with cliches. As long as you and your players are
        familiar with the meaning of the cliche, it's strengths, weaknessess,
        proper and improper uses, just rock on. If you want regular mooks,
        just give them each a single "Orc cannon fodder (2)" or "Gnomish
        archer" (3)cliche, or, if you want to be done quickly name them a
        group "Bunch of suicidal goblins (3)" and make them act like a group.

        If you want something special, like a boss or any other tough
        critter, build it up like a PC - for example "Mean, hard to kill son
        of an Orc" (4), "Two axe-wielding killing machine" (3), "servant of
        the Dark One"(3) and off you go - think about what roles this NPC has
        to play, and those are your cliches.

        I've always found this meta-approach works better, as long as you see
        the uses of the cliches you chose.

        Good luck!

        -Chris
      • Gene
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
          The salient point is not to over think the process. K.I.S.S. 'keep it
          simple, stupid'

          BuffyD6 is a good place to start. I ran a Pulp Risus Vampire Hunters
          using this excellent site. Risus makes adapting *anything* a dream.

          http://buffyd6.tripod.com/Bestiary.html

          --- In risustalk@yahoogroups.com, "simons82766" <simons82766@...> wrote:

          > Has any one any information on starting a risus game around the TV
          > show charmed would love to start one. also having a hard time finding
          > a good monsters cliches list for sword and sorcery game I'm trying to
          > start!!

        • Gene
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2009
            Some inspirational reading.

            The Classics aren't dead - they're undead.

            Jane Austen's Bennet girls go zombie slaying.

            http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/a
            rticle5683554.ece