Boring Businessy Request

  • S. John Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2006
      This is a boring post. Feel free to skim or skip, but I have to ask
      (cross-posted to three mailing lists, which makes it extra tedious, I know) :(

      Those of you who order from Lulu ... Please drop me an email when the
      process is done and tell me how it went. I'm collecting as many reports as
      I can because I'm assembling a web-page about it, a kind of consumer's
      guide to getting the most from what is, I've found, a very excellent
      service overall. I've got my EC softcover and hardcover right here and
      they're just adorably cool :) I really like the cream stock, too; very easy
      on the eyes. Of course, a Wooky in a bikini top enhances that.

      So far, the only "troubles" I've had with Lulu haven't been with Lulu at
      all but with the Post Office. The cheapest form of shipping seems fraught
      with odd delays and perils ... I had my proof copy of Fief sit in Denver
      for 9 days, and in one case a copy of Risus Companion was lost for several
      weeks to parts unknown. When that happened, Lulu stepped in and sent me a
      replacement by Priority. So they seem very cool all around, but I want to
      gather general experiences, info on the gap between ordering and printing,
      printing and shipping, and so on, in order to help future customers get
      their best from it.