Re: [rishiculture] Happy Friendship Day 2004

  • Sri Bala
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      Dear Ananda,
      Thank you for your kind wish on Yogic Friendship Day.
      I wish you and every one of our exclusive band of dedicated colleagues the same!
      We are a very positive lot. We will be still more, if we can have individually a sadhana and practice it daily, fair weather or foul, gain experience, derive its benefits before sharing it with others. Then we start speaking with conviction in this experiential science of ours. That was the message I got from our respected Swamiji, which I have strictly followed to date. May this be our challenge individually and collectively!
      May God bless every one of you!
      love
      Sri Bala.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004

        Happy Friendship Day!

        Love, Sharan

        And a youth said,
        - Speak to us of Friendship!

          And he answered, saying:
          Your friend is your needs answered.
          He is your field which you sow with love
        and reap with thanksgiving.

        And he is your board and your fireside.
          For you come to him with your hunger,
        and you seek him for peace.

          When your friend speaks his mind you fear
        not the "nay" in your own mind,
        nor do you withhold the "ay".
          And when he is silent your heart ceases
        not to listen to his heart;
         For without words, in friendship, all thoughts,
        all desires, all expectations are born and shared,
        with joy that is unacclaimed.

        When you part from your friend, you grieve not;
          For that which you love most
        in him may be clearer in his absence,
        as the mountain to the climber
        is clearer from the plain.

          And let there be no purpose in friendship
        save the deepening of the spirit.
          For love that seeks aught but the disclosure
        of its own mystery is not love but a net cast forth:
        and only the unprofitable is caught.

          And let your best be for your friend
        that you should seek him with hours to kill?
        Seek him always with hours to live.
          For it is his to fill your need,
        but not your emptiness.

        And in the sweetness of friendship
        let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
          For in the dew of little things
        the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.

        (Extracted from the book Khalil Gibran � The Prophet)