YOGA: THE IDEAL WAY OF LIFE

  • yognat
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      YOGA: THE IDEAL WAY OF LIFE
      Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

      Yoga is a wholistic and integral science of life dealing with physical, mental,
      emotional and spiritual health of the individual and society. It is a way of life that provides a rare opportunity to leave the madness of world behind and attain  inner peace. Yoga is the original mind body medicine and is one of the greatest  treasures of the unique Indian cultural heritage. Yogic lifestyle, Yogic diet, Yogic  attitudes and various Yogic practices help us strengthen ourselves and develop  positive health. This Yogic “health insurance” is achieved by normalizing the  perception of stress, optimizing the reaction to it and by releasing it effectively  through various practices. We need to remember that Yoga is something that  we “live” until our last breath, and even that last breath should be completed  with awareness. Yoga is a continuous process as it is a journey and the goal is  the journey itself. Yoga is not about the number of Yoga practices we do nor is it  about how many times or how long we do them. It is all about how we live our  life in tune with Dharma. This is more evident when we realise that Yoga  enables us to adopt right attitudes towards our problems and thus tackle them  in an effective manner. This article describes concepts of Yoga as a personal  evolutionary journey and elucidates the role of Yoga in health, stress and in
      producing positive health and well being. Relationship of Yoga with modern  medicine and its application in social life as detailed and Yogic concepts
      responsible for developing essential qualities of a good human being are  discussed.

      This article appeared in Yoga Mimamsa Vol. 44 ; No. 4 (Jan 2013). pg 314-325.

      DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda
      Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the
      addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material.
      Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by
      any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please
      be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you
      received this through error we apologize. If you have received this
      communication in error, please contact us at yognat@... and delete the
      material from any stored format/computer.