From Ammaji-Aug 1, 2011

  • Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011

      Dear Ones

      The doors of the golden cage have opened, and the bird flied free. The doctor discharged me on August 1st. I must come daily for the cleaning and dressing of the wound. This is such a Maya – laden experience – this hospital room has become a home for Vibha and I. We have been very comfortable here and have enjoyed many happy moments – good sleep, relaxation, rest, good Ashram cooked food. The daily one hour visits and short walk out side with Dhivya and Anandraj have been injections of joy and mirth. I have been able to do quite a bit of administrative work from here, directing thatch-workers, accountants, office managers and staff via long distance remote contact. Two YOGA LIFE editions have been composed and dispatched. From our wall to wall window, we look out on a green forest of lush neem trees. A veritable symphony of vocal avian virtuosos (birds) serenade us night and day. For the most part, the doctors and nurses leave us alone. Every morning a young Masters Degree Student stands at the door and asks, “How are You?“Absolutely perfect”! I reply “How are you?” A few times a week the Master surgeon inspects the wound (which is in an awkward, slightly embarrassing place) and pronounces, “It’s healing!” Nature is slow, but she does her work methodically. I trust my body. Just, I pushed it too far and the load led to the collapse. It has been an important lesson.

      Some may think it odd I have been in the hospital so long. On the physical level it was necessary, as the daily cleaning and dressing could not be done from an out patient status. Everything also had to be monitored carefully. On the psychic level, I needed this long break and there was really no way I could have had it, in any other way. It has felt to me like I have hidden myself away in a secure cave, safe from prying eyes. Still there has been a steady flow of visitors, often too many for my taste, but people who needed to express in a concrete way their affection and love for me. I am practicing many Jnana / Raja Yoga Kriyas (especially Hang Sah Kriya) and doing lots of Pranayama. This has refreshed my body. On my return I am throwing out all – yes, every single piece of my old clothing. I am going to burn my old mattress. I will throw myself into completing History of Yoga Vol.II and Rishi and Rakshasha. I won’t be going often to Pondy and will remain more in Ashram. I am grounded from my scooter for at least six months. Poor, wonderful scooter, the riding of which nearly 100 km daily in hot May and June was probably the main material (not Karma) cause of all this! This is the last year of a nine-year cycle and an immense amount of Karma has been worked out. Some wonderful sweet fruits have been harvested, as well as some bitter, sour ones:

      Actually, as I had said in my last general e-mail, though I am in a hospital, it is not really a hospital in the normal sense of the world. Few of the connotations one would have with a hospital apply here. But I would like to elaborate a situation which is almost conclusive proof that I have not been in a hospital.

      We have a very nice attached bathroom which gives us generous helpings of piping hot water day and night. The window has bars on it, but there is no netting. Perhaps the netting was torn, but the window is open.

      God alone knows when, but at sometime in the past, a pair of clever myna birds discovered that the window was open and they could come in between the bars. They also discovered a corner ledge, near the window high up close to the ceiling. To reach that spot, one would have to stand on a high stool. It is in this safe secure spot, they chose to build their nest. Already when we came we could hear excited peeping coming from that nest whenever Ma or Pa flew in the window, up to the nest with big fat worm in their beaks. The birds were busy. After three weeks one day Vibha came screaming out of the bathroom shouting, “There’s a baby bird hoping around on the floor!” Before we could react, that intrepid feathered biped came hoping out into our room. It was fully feathered and quite large. We frantically closed the door of our room. Had it hopped into the hall one of the quite gross ward boys probably would have squashed it with a broom! What to do! “Get it back to the bathroom,” I suggested. Then perhaps its mother could take it out. Vibha took a rolled up newspaper and tried to drive the panicked little creature back into the bathroom. It had to jump up a ledge about twice its own height. The little one stubbornly flopped in circles around the room, under the bed, under the couch. Vibha got exhausted “Master all your strength!” Just do it! I advised. With a heroic swat of the newspaper Vibha succeeded in getting Baby Myna Bird back into the bathroom. We quickly closed the door and wiped the sweat off our forehead. Ten minutes later we gingerly peeped in. Baby Myna Bird, Mother Myna Bird and Father Myna Bird were all perched on the bars of the window chirping furiously obviously giving flight instructions to junior. It turned out that clever old mother had another nest, just across the road in a neem tree. The next thing we knew Baby Myna Bird took warning, took flight and flew straight across to his new home! Hurrah! The next day a second small baby was perched on the window and it too made the solo flight. It seems there were at least one or two more which we did not see. After all, we cannot be watching Myna Birds all day! We have other things to do!

      Now the main point I want to make is this: can such a thing happen in a hospital? That’s why I say, I was not in a hospital I was in a nice guest house, enjoying a vacation!

      Much love to all of you!

      Affectionately yours in Yoga,

      AMMA

      DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material. Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you received this through error we apologize. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at yognat@... and delete the material from any stored format/computer.

    • Raghavan Srinivasan
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
        Wow!!! Amma ji is back in action and we are quite happy to hear.God Bless!
        Regards.
        Dr.Vellore A.R.Srinivasan
      • Leo & Lesleigh Camm
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011

          How lovely to hear from you and your progress Amma. Doesn’t the Universe send us lessons to learn?

          Take care of yourself and keep up with your healing.

                                                                                              Much Yogic Love from

          Lesleigh.

          "Yoga is less about standing on your head,

          and...

          more about standing on your own two feet!"

          Phone..07 46 333701

          YOGA

          “SKILLS FOR  LIFE”

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2011
            Divine Amma
            welcome Home sweet AUM !!!! Enjoy your come back ,your family nd like "Nature " keep going ...slow....Yours in yoga . Marief