Re: [rishiculture] A question paper for the kids at Yognat-how many answers do you know? [1 Attachment]

  • Sudhakar Bhat
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010

      Dear Dr. Ananda,

      I thought why not write it straightway what little i know and it will be a sort of revision too.
      Here goes my answers:-

      I.
      1.wheel 2. lotus 3. corpse 4. pratyahara 5. 84,000,000

      II.
      Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga

      Dr. Swami Gitananda
      Smt. Meenakshi Devi Bhavnani
      Dr. Ananda Bhavnani

      Patanjali
      stick
      Krishna says Yogah   Karmasya Kaushalayam

      Yuj is the root word of yoga
      Posture
      Eight

      III.
      4 mudras are:  Chin mudra, chinmaya mudra, adhi mudra, and Brahma mudra
      unless you mean like Dhyan mudra, Prithvi mudra, Agni mudra, Akash mudra,
      Jal mudra, Pran mudra, Apan mudra, Vyan mudra, Samaan mudra etc., etc.,
      Take your pick

      3 pranayams are :-
      a.Anuloma Viloma
      b. Kapalbhati
      c.Brahmari

      IV.
      Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama,
      Prathyara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi

      V.
      a. Padma Asana  - Lotus posture
      b. Siddha Asana -  Adept posture
      c. Pavanmukhta asana - Air releasing posture
      d. Bhujangasana - Snake posture
      e. Shalabasana - Locust posture
      f. Naukasana - Boat posture
      g. Simha asana - Lion posture
      h. Parvat asana - Mountain posture
      i. Tadasana - Palm Tree posture
      j. Vrikshasana - Tree posture

      1, Ashtanga Yoga 2. Laya yoga, 3. Mantra yoga, 4. Tantra yoga, 5. Kundalini Yoga
      6. Raj Yoga, 7. Jap Yoga, 8. Siddha Yoga, 9. Bhakti Yoga and 10. Karma Yoga

      Regards
      Sudhakar

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        excellent work!!

        Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani
        Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER
        Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association
        25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013
        Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561
        Mobile: 9842311433
        Website: www.icyer.com