Wish to share this moment of Mile High Hope for the Humanity

  • tkray
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2009
      Dear Friends: Here is a story that is uplifting the yogis worldwide in
      increasing numbers. My story is all about the positive changes in
      consciousness that I have seen across the USA and the world ever since
      Barack Obama entered into the Presidential politics.  His words and
      deeds have started a bonfire in human consciousness in all areas of
      values that rally matters to humanity today. His energy, enthusiasm,
      quick mind, balanced intellect and broad philosophical and spiritual
      outlook in life has affected almost everyone I see. We are all blessed
      to have a leader of his caliber with his able wife at this critical
      time of our nation as well as the world. To this end I want to share
      the following poem (dedicated to this great man) that I wrote on
      November, 2008 (the day at the Mile High) and revised recently.

      Towards the Mile High Hope*
      Tushar K. Ray
      www.centralyoga.org

       “The rivers of living water flows from the believer’s heart”
      Was made the living truth by the great yogi, Lord Jesus!
      The one discovering the truth at first deep in his own heart
      Enticed the humanity to practice it in their very universe

      This living water metaphor is real Love living in all heart
      Independent of the Karmic burden a person might have
      When allowed to become a living force love can conquer all
      Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall

      This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us
      Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe
      Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love
      Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe

      Barack Obama’s Mile High hope now reverberates across this land
      Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear
      Linking himself to national-heart he’s asking to sacrifice self
      Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents

      His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land
      From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
      Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed
      So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give
      11/5/2008; revised on 4/3/2009

      * Dedicated to President Obama
    • livezero
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2009
        I like your sentiments and respect them. but ok...
        Others think he is the Pied Piper. But the sentiments regarding hope for humanity comes not from him but from you and that I accept, cherish and applaud. To have made this man into a yogi who does not have the qualification of a yogi. In equating him with the Lord Jesus not different to saying Lord Krishna. His is a politician and has yet to prove that he is deserving of being equated with Lord Jesus or Lord Krishna. His cool head comes with 19 tele-prompters Jesus, Krishna not even Gandhi had one teleprompter.
        while the poem is cute and couched within you poem is a nice message the references does not measure up.

        By the way, true yogis are all republicans- (in principle) not democrats... democrats says "ok you messed up! here, I will throw all the countries money and resources at you so you can mess up again". Yogis say, ' you got your self in this mess you get out of this one yourself ' the Yogis will show how, not bail you out.

        The uprising is not because of him but because of the worldwide depression and the reversing position of the sun of hope in people. It is like a sinosoidal wave, it is like the lyrics from a song "What goes up must comes down"...the other side is also true - "what goes down must come up".

        Lets wait and see if the president is a real yogi.

        Dedicated to Yogis (Christ, Krishna, Shankara, Ramana etc)

        YDM

[...]

        From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
        ------------ --------- --------- --------- ----
        11/5/2008; revised on 4/3/2009

        * Dedicated to President Obama

      • puregrace68
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2009
          --- In rishiculture@yahoogroups.com, "livezero" <livezero@...> wrote:

          YDM - Thank you for taking the time to respond here. It's obvious you practice what you preach.

          When the rest of us do, we'll see the sun rise (hope) on the Eastern Horizon of Consciousness, until then...yoga continues to be "feel-good" therapy in the West (absent of much yama and niyama).

          in spirit,
          Catherine

          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2009
            YDM - Thank you for your response here...it's obvious that you practice what you protest. There's too much "feel-good" therapy (avidya) within the "yoga" communities here in the West, and very little embracing of yama and niyama (which I believe supports your position of political comparison).

            Only as the Yogin heart "flatlines", maintaining prana does the sun shine upon the Eastern Horizon.

            in kindred spirit~
            Catherine

          • Tushar Ray
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2009
              I respect your opinion since all are entitled to express their own.
              Everyone views the world with own colored eyeglasses. Incidentally,
              Lord Krishna also played politics for the sake of preserving higher
              values in the society. Thanks -- TKR

              On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:06 AM, livezero <livezero@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall
              >
              > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us
              > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe
              > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love
              > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe
              >
              > Barack Obama’s Mile High hope now reverberates across this land
              > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear
              > Linking himself to national-heart he’s asking to sacrifice self
              > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents
              >
              > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land
              > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
              > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed
              > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give

            • Tushar Ray
              Message 6 of 9 , May 6, 2009
                Leela is the expression of selfless love and anyother karma is an
                expression of selfish love born out of selfish desire. We samsaris
                also do leela occasionally and that's when we trancendent the samsara
                and experience the bliss transiently. There are, however, a few
                dedicated ones amongst us whose mission is to sacrifice own self for
                the welfare of others in the society. People, though wearing varied
                colored glasses, recognize these great souls in time because the words
                and deeds of these rare souls touch their own heart. In essence, what
                we call Brahman or Atman is pure love that is innate to everyone. It
                is how this innate love is being expressed by an individual decides
                what color of glass one wears. I salute all souls! Namaste!

                On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, tkray <tkray@...> wrote:

                > Dear Friends: Here is a story that is uplifting the yogis worldwide in
                > increasing numbers. My story is all about the positive changes in
                > consciousness that I have seen across the USA and the world ever since
                > Barack Obama entered into the Presidential politics.  His words and
                > deeds have started a bonfire in human consciousness in all areas of
                > values that rally matters to humanity today. His energy, enthusiasm,
                > quick mind, balanced intellect and broad philosophical and spiritual
                > outlook in life has affected almost everyone I see. We are all blessed
                > to have a leader of his caliber with his able wife at this critical
                > time of our nation as well as the world. To this end I want to share
                > the following poem (dedicated to this great man) that I wrote on
                > November, 2008 (the day at the Mile High) and revised recently.
                >
                > Towards the Mile High Hope*
                > Tushar K. Ray
                > www.centralyoga.org
                >
                >  “The rivers of living water flows from the believer’s heart”
                > Was made the living truth by the great yogi, Lord Jesus!
                > The one discovering the truth at first deep in his own heart
                > Enticed the humanity to practice it in their very universe
                >
                > This living water metaphor is real Love living in all heart
                > Independent of the Karmic burden a person might have
                > When allowed to become a living force love can conquer all
                > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall
                >
                > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us
                > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe
                > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love
                > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe
                >
                > Barack Obama’s Mile High hope now reverberates across this land
                > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear
                > Linking himself to national-heart he’s asking to sacrifice self
                > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents
                >
                > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land
                > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
                > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed
                > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give
                > 11/5/2008; revised on 4/3/2009
                >
                > * Dedicated to President Obama

              • Sri Bala
                Message 7 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                  My dear Tusharji,

                  I salute you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this great man,
                  Barack Obama. He has certainly given a ray of hope for a better future not
                  only to his fellow Americans, but also to the peoples of the world.

                  Within the short period of 100 days as President of America he has taken
                  meaningful steps to demonstrate his deep respect for human dignity, replace
                  greed with responsible conduct and morality, replace military might with
                  political diplomacy, to quit Iraq, to place service above self, and so on
                  the illustrious list goes.

                  He brings a great understanding of the multicultural nature of the world and
                  will offer genuine dialogue and engagement a chance. He is ideally suited to
                  lead the world during these troubled times. There is greater hope of peace
                  between Israel and Palestine and security in the Middle East now as never
                  before. A world free from nuclear weapons too looks a distant possibility
                  with him at the helm for two terms.

                  He indeed is the face of the new America. He has given a new stature to
                  America. He has helped America rise above caste, colour, creed and even
                  party politics. His action to retain Robert Gates in his Defence portfolio
                  speaks for itself. He has brought a change of attitude and reasonableness to
                  America. He has pumped in the money needed into the economy to save it from
                  total collapse. He has taken the right decisions to initiate infrastructure
                  projects which will make America more energy-efficient and climate-friendly.

                  The fact he was able to raise sufficient funds with his Internet fund
                  raising to outdo his opponents spending on TV advertising alone speaks for
                  his popularity. He won more votes than anyone else in American history. How
                  he excited all and sundry, and in particular the youth, amazed me. The
                  youth, the future citizens of America, were the heart, soul and backbone of
                  his victory. How they volunteered to see him elected humbled me. And why?
                  Because he had indicated the economy has to grow from the bottom up and not
                  from the top down and every single citizen had a stake in it.

                  He has rightfully placed the economy, health care, education, the
                  environment/climate change, energy independence as his primary focus.

                  The slogan “yes we can” reverberated throughout the whole country. By his
                  victory he has proved that “anyone can grow up to be President of USA.” By
                  his victory he has showed us that ‘we too can’ in our respective countries.

                  We should be proud of this great man and his equally talented and
                  compassionate wife Michelle. You have given a graphic and true picture of
                  Barack Obama and I wholly agree with you that “we are all blessed to have a
                  leader of his calibre with his able wife at this critical time of our nation
                  as well as the world.”

                  Thank you again, Tusharji. You are truly an advanced soul!

                  Love,

                  Sri Bala
                  from Down Under

> [...]

                  > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall
                  >
                  > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us
                  > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe
                  > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love
                  > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe
                  >
                  > Barack Obama’s Mile High hope now reverberates across this land
                  > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear
                  > Linking himself to national-heart he’s asking to sacrifice self
                  > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents
                  >
                  > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land
                  > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
                  > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed
                  > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give

                  http://www.eset.com
                • livezero
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                    Those who are proned to misunderstanding will misunderstand. Perhaps I am talking only about muself here. But to crown a man champion of the world when there is not track record and compare him to men of greatness whose greatness have withstood one or more millenia is not the act of great wisdom. When confused children elect a champion it cannot be considered wisdom. When secret organiziations back a representative of their covert operations it not a revelation. What is shown on the surface and the uninformed prattle about, is not great wisdom. Within our lifetime many of these strategies have been implemented in other countries and have failed miserably repeatedly; why should it work now?

                    Swamiji said at least once - avoid all religious and political controversies as it will escalate out of control and creat many enemies. Just look below my injunctions in this discussion were removed for whatever reason without continuity and the blasphemy towards proven great men has continued in favor of a man who has proven nothing. What great wisdom!

                    I am guessing that I am proned to misunderstanding here. But the only bonfire, is the flaming-out of the pranic force at the global swadhisthana by over consumption and greed. Remember the six enemies- kama, krodha, lobha, moha etc. examine it well (for a long time) and you will see what is really in play here.

                    Seek Govind, Seek Govind, Govind alone you seek...

> [...]

                    > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall
                    >
                    > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us
                    > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe
                    > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love
                    > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe
                    >
                    > Barack Obama’s Mile High hope now reverberates across this land
                    > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear
                    > Linking himself to national-heart he’s asking to sacrifice self
                    > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents
                    >
                    > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land
                    > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience
                    > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed
                    > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give

                    http://www.eset. com

                  • Bill Phillips
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 7, 2009
                      As one of Swamiji's very few Buddhist students I am struck by LiveZero's comment. The comment draws a distinction between the merely phenomenal impact of the Obama presidency and the truly eternal realm of Yoga.

                      In the great "Diamond Cutter of Wisdom" (Vajrachchedika) Sutra the Buddha Sakyamuni declares, "Where there is possession of phenomenal attributes, there is delusion; where there is non-possession of any phenomenal attributes, there is no delusion. The Tathagata is therefore recognized by the attribute of having no phenomenal attributes."

                      This is very in tune with LiveZero's caution against the Six Enemies.

                      Similarly the sutra concludes with the shloka, "Like a meteor, like darkness, as a flickering lamp, an illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, like clouds, a flash of lightning, or a dream: so is all conditioned existence to be seen."

                      Therefore I commend and agree with LiveZero's comment, but at the same time welcome and support the earlier posts praising Barack Obama as a beacon of hope in this phenomenal world.

                      Bill Phillips (Shantideva)