Amma awarded for Excellence in Poetry by United Poets Laureate International

  • Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
      Our beloved Amma, Yogamani, Yogacharini, Puduvai Shakti, Kalaimamani Meenakshi Devi Bhavanani, Director ICYER and Yoganjali Natyalayam, has recently been awarded an Excellence in Poetry for World Peace Medal and Certificate by the United Poets Laureate International of Hercules, California, USA.

      The Certificate was signed by Dr. Benjamin R. Yuzon, President. The Medal is inscribed with Meenakshi Devi Bhavanani’s name and the words: For Excellence in Poetry by United Poets Laureate International.

      Meenakshi Devi Bhavanani is a world renowned writer and poetess, with more than ten books to her credit including two books of poetry. Her poems, essays and feature writing appear in national and international press. She is presently compiling a 3000 printed paged book THE HISTORY OF YOGA FROM ANCIENT TO MODERN TIMES and a fictional book THE RISHI AND RAKSHASHAS of about equal length.

      She is editor of International Monthly magazine YOGA LIFE for 35 years. A journalist by profession, she is a world renown Yoga Expert and Director of ICYER, the International Centre for Yoga Education and Research in Tamil Nadu. She is an accomplished Bharata Natyam Dancer and Director of Yoganjali Natyalayam Pondicherry’s Premier Institute of Yoga, Dance and Music. She has choreographed more than fifteen major full length Bharata Natyam dance dramas and scores of Mini Dance Dramas.

      In a message to Amma, Dr. Benjamin R Yuzon, President of the United Poets Laureate International of Hercules, California, USA said:

      The award should have been given to you in person during the the 20th World Congress of Poets in Montgomery , Alabama but missed your gracious presence which we understand as it is too far for you in India .
      Your good self more than deserve the award and long overdue.
      Deserving poets names for awards are submitted for approval to our board for approval and usually given  at the congress.
      Medals are specially made. The design and colors signifies and/or denotes --
      The sunburst design means the Sun as the Source  and "Giver of Life."
      The color silver are the rays of the sun which means "Light." (When God created the heaven  and the earth, he said: "Let there be light in the hearts of men.")
      The color white means purity of purpose.
      The color blue  means fidelity to our motto.
      The red & gold means wealth of wisdom & knowledge.
      The logo is the watchful eye of our organization  UPLI.
      Again, congratulations and wish you ...Peace, Love, and Light

      Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani
      Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER
      Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association
      25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013
      Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561
      Website: www.icyer.com

      Got a little couch potato?
    • Raghavan Srinivasan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        Dear All,
        It is a matter of great delight to all of us
        to hear that Amma has been adorned with the
        prestigious medal for Excellence in Poetry
        instituted by the well known United poets Laureate
        International.
        We pray The Almighty to shower His benovolent
        blessings on Amma and her illustrious family in the
        years to come.
        Regards and cheers!!
        Dr.Vellore A.R.Srinivasan

      • tkray
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007

          My congratulations to Amma for such a prestigious award recently bestowed on her by the reputed United Poets Laureate International.

          This award is just one precious gem in her existing garland of many such rare gems

          Cheers!

          Sincerely,

          Pandit Tushar K. Ray, Ph. D. (Biochemistry)

          Director, Central Yoga School of Mind-Body Fitness

          www.centralyoga.org

           and

          Ramakrishna Ashram-Vedanta Center

          Tempe, Arizona, USA

[...]

          Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

        • Lotus Centre
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
            DIvine Meenakshi

            Heartest, well deserved congrats on your reward!!!

            Eric Doornekamp
            Lotus Yoga Centre
            New Zealand

            She is California, USA said:
[...]

            http://www.eset.com
          • brian vanderbildt
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2007
              Swami Gurupriyananda (yogacharya Pietro Bonvini) the
              pioner of Yoga Sports in Europe and directly disciple
              of Swami
              Gitananda Giri Maharaj is the new honorary president
              of International Yoga Sports Federation

              The International Yoga Sports Federation have new
              board after the general meeting of Mexico, the new
              president is Swamini
              Dayananda (also the president of International Yoga
              Federation 2006-2008
              http://www,internationalyogafederation,net).

              The last chairperson of International Yoga Sports
              Federation, Swamini Vidyananda (Mirta Bardo) give
              yesterday the presidency
              and chair to Swamini Dayananda as new president of
              IYSF.

              The Intercontinental and International Yoga
              Championship is on november 24 and 25 in Montevideo,
              Uruguay the new
              headquarters of International Yoga Sports Federation
              under the leadership of Guruma Swamini Dayananda.

              With oll the best for our borthers.

              Swamini Vidyananda
              Former chairperson of International Yoga Sports
              Federation

              Yogashiromani Dr. Gopalji
              Former president of International Yoga Sports
              Federation

              http://www.yogasports.org

              http://tv.yahoo.com/