Re: In Praise of questionsRe: [rishiculture] Re: A post for Kalavathi

  • Sri Bala Ratnam
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2006
      Dear Sonia,

      Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

      I've great respect for your open mindedness and strength of your
      convictions.

      I also do accept that there are different forms of yoga, but what I wrote
      was to reiterate that Swamiji has taught us a practice "but in the end
      thought is stilled, falls silent and is transcended" (quotation from your
      message).

      The stilling of the aberrations of the mind is Yoga, for when you still the
      mind self consciousness attunes to Cosmic Consciousness. I was a bundle of
      energy with a restless mind. As you now know I am more a practical than a
      theory man. I am aware and glad of your interest in experimentation [which
      was confirmed by your student Sue (?) as well]. Thanks for acknowledging my
      experience.

      In the message referred to I mention my experience in two practices [Shiva
      Mantra (12 yrs) & Pranava AUM Pranayama (15 yrs)]. It may interest you to
      know that I have also done Nasargha Bhastrika in 36 rounds x 120 times/round
      = 4320 times in one go, and the final step in Nadi Shoddhana and Nadi
      Shuddhi in 9 times of 64in:32held-in::64out:32held-out = 192 seconds or 3
      minutes and 12 seconds for one breath. Hence please be understanding if I
      take the liberty to share my experience with my colleagues in fulfilling the
      purpose of this forum.

      Where I salute Swamiji is that he taught me how to absorb and regulate prana
      in ratios and deeper rhythms to regenerate and rejuvenate, to intone the
      primal sound AUM, to integrate the three planes of existence, transcend the
      three states of consciousness and attune to the state of causal silence
      within. Due to my intense practice I was divinely led and I feel equally
      inspired by Swamiji (whom I remember daily in my prayers) to meditate at the
      Heart Centre, the seat of the soul, to neutralise the traumas and tension
      stored there, enhance psychic qualities of compassion and love and activate
      a process of healing at all three planes of existence etc.

      What I have done is integrate the multifaceted components of Pranava AUM
      Pranayama with Meditation at the Chakras (associated with the three planes
      of existence) including the Anahata Chakra, the seat of the soul, into
      harmoniously blended three month programs, more like an inspiring,
      invigorating and redeeming symphony to experience a state of wellbeing, with
      resultant good health, rehabilitation from ill health and even spiritual
      evolution. I concede that it is not for every one. It demands too great a
      dedication and discipline for the average student/patient.

      The following reflections of Dr Kuan Chin, an Australian citizen of Chinese
      descent, an advanced soul and an eminent physician consultant, who is also a
      dedicated student of mine for the last five years, will inform you where I
      stand with respect to what I have achieved. It may interest you to know why
      he sought to learn from me. It was purely to be as healthy as I when he
      reaches eighty years of age. He was then only 40 years of age. Please note
      the incredible change that has taken place in him after five years of daily
      practice.

      "Do not despair.

      No one in "authority' listened to Jesus either.

      Remember, you are doing this for the good Lord, not for mankind...if you
      know my meaning. and the few you have shown the way will open the floodgates
      when the Divine time is at hand. Your children will pick it up one day
      because it is their legacy. They are not interested now only because it
      confronts their mortality. People like me do it day in, day out. I see the
      face of the Lord again and again. Fear and despondence is not what I
      encounter now, but rather an understanding of the workings of the Divine and
      man's choice to veer or follow God. I do it for the good Lord. I am not
      attached to either my work or its results as such, but every act is done
      with my very best effort as an offering to the good Lord. Only my best, for
      the best. You do that too. The good Karma I have accumulated is serving its
      purpose of giving me the Lord's blessings of great introspective capacity.
      Please be strong and rest in the good Lord's wisdom and timing.."

      I fulfilled it not only as His mission for me, but also as a dedicated
      student based on Truth to Swamiji in eternal indebtedness for having shown
      me the path to my salvation. It was never my intention to upstage or upset
      any "apple cart". Too much of a gentlemen to do it. If you are experiencing
      good health, and confident that your practices are sufficient to
      rehabilitate you from ill health and to experience a long and healthy life,
      my message is not for you. It may however be food for thought for others.

      You are doing a fantastic job as a stalwart of Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga in
      UK.

      Greater strength to your elbow!

      love

      Sri Bala.