Re: [rishiculture] Meditation is not free from side-effects

  • Kenneth B Liberman
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      The description of negative side-effects of meditation read as if the
      phenomena were sighted while looking thru the wrong end of a pair of
      binoculars. The information was too distant to be useful.

      Ken Liberman
    • gary wall
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2005
        Namastey all.. all this talk on meditation very interesting , yet their
        probably all talking about something else! Meditation appears to be banded
        about like walking! How many can really meditate , in the yoga sense?
        Sitting still is useful yet not meditation.
        Daydreaming when sitting still , not meditation.
        Nidra or sleep of the senses..not meditation.
        half the time this tamasic state of mind is considered meditation! No wonder
        it never changes the way peole live!
        Relaxation is not meditation.
        We are constantly pulling down the word meditation to our own level.
        As Swamiji said all meditation is trancedental...is Sattvic.. dynamic and
        super conscious.. not stupor consciouss!.. nor digging into the "bowels of
        the mind".
        So let those discussing meditation , first explain what they mean by
        it...alterred states of consciousness can be achieved by drugs etc..and
        nothing to do with meditatiion
        love in yoga sonia