4894MOKSHA! By Ammaji :)

  • Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani
    Jun 4, 2014

      MOKSHA!

       By Ammaji

      It’s back to school for Dhivya Priya and Anandraj. They are have had a great summer filled with many learning activities. They are growing, flowering.

      What a joy it is to contemplate this great mystery of life unfolding – from a small bindu of the fertilized egg, through the physical journey in the womb from single celled, and multiple layered cell structures, like layers of bricks, turning, twisting, forming rudimentary limbs, organs, nerves, looking like a fish, a chicken, a pig and finally attaining human form! Attached by the umbilical cord to mother, pulsating, moving, gesturing, felling finally after a long nine months of work which encompasses millions of years of evolution, the little one emerges into the world with a loud cry! A human being is born! A miracle, amongst six billion other miracles walking the planet, darling bundles of joy to its parents and family.

      Every child is nature’s attempt to try, try again! Remembering the small little creatures with all their charming idiosyncrasies and their unfolding – Dhivya, now eleven years – and Anandraj  nearly nine years, just gives a mystical surge of feeling and uplifts a mind which sometimes does feel numb at the world’s atrocities and stupidities!

      Where and when did Dhivya attain such charming mannerisms and styles of speech, such mind – blowing pure innocent beauty. How did Anandraj achieve that amazing mischievous impish spirit and incredible questioning mind?

      Nature has such a bunch of tricks up her sleeves- the incredible “cuteness” of young things lures us to mortgage our lives to them, to become their slaves! Watching life unfold itself from the incredible distance of grand –mother – hood has been a remarkable spiritual experience. Such a miracle! Such a common miracle ! It goes on every day, every way. This transition of body form from baby – hood to adult hood!

      Still! I have finally realized I don’t want to go this way again! I have had my fill of human life! I have experienced all I want to experience, have achieved all I need to achieve. There is nothing left – literally – only Moksha – freedom from the cycle of birth and death! To start again as a bindu, a fertilized egg, and go through all the stages of physical evolution, learning again to walk, to talk, to read, to write…no, I really have had enough of all that thank you!

      I don’t know what Moksha is, but from what the sages tell us … it is just pure joy … I have loved human life … I have loved planet earth, the sun, the stars, the skies, the waters… but, I feel my real home is in another place. I have done my best with whatever talents, skills, intelligence I was born with. Now I want only release from the wheel. Can we will Moksha to come? Can we pray for it? I think we can only deserve it. Someone, something, somewhere must gift it to us. Have I earned that great prize by the life I have lived or must I come again! I frankly do not know. I do know that there is nothing more I can do. Like the great mystic poet William Blake, I can only stand … and wait!

      After contemplating all this, I truly feel I don’t want to go back to school! I hope this time round, I will pass!

      DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda  Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the  addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material.  Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by  any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please
      be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you  received this through error we apologize. If you have received this  communication in error, please contact us at yognat@... and delete the  material from any stored format/computer.