4877The Unsung Song by Ammaji

  • Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani
    May 15 11:44 PM

      The Unsung Song

      By Yogacharini Meenakshi Devi Bhavanani

      Can I content my soul to be — the wind, carrying the seed to the distant place,

      that future generations with an unseen face may know the shade?

      Can my work come – from a cool heart, hard, bright as diamond,

      doing what must be done, winning what must be won,

      absorbed with serenity in each task of eternity?

      Thinking not of reward, Beyond praise and blame

      Hate and love, Ignominity and fame?

      Can I love my act, my work — for its own sake?

      for the moment of truth it reveals to me?

      for the insights into spirit it awards me?

      Can I worship my work as my Sadhana, my path,

      my never-ending dialogue with Life Itself,

      who speaks to me through its effects,

      who teaches me through its repercussions,

      who rewards me with deeper and deeper

      glimpses into the mystery of Itself?

      Can I content my soul to do the necessary deed,

      to be the vital link,

      An arrow pointing the way on the darkest day?

      Seek I still the praise of man?

      Whose fickleness and folly, well I know,

      Whose faith and love crumbles at the touch of the dissembling hand,

      Like a drop of water on heated sand.

      Like a moth, man seeks so readily

      The bright flame Of his own destruction

      And like the lemming loves the comfort of the crowd,

      In its head-long rush to death.

      Can I content my soul To Be….

      Free from earthly Entanglements

      With a face Turned towards Eternity?

      DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda  Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the  addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material.  Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by  any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please
      be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you  received this through error we apologize. If you have received this  communication in error, please contact us at yognat@... and delete the  material from any stored format/computer.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic