4751Re: THE HUMAN BEENS (1987)

  • Bill Phillips
    Dec 14, 2013
      Namas Te, Ammaji,

      Eloquent and stirring verse from the highly engaged poet of 1987!

      If we were writing linked verses in the Japanese manner, "Human Beens" might evoke as a reply this final sloka of the sublime Diamond Sutra.

      So you should view this fleeting world --
      A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream,
      A flash of lightening in a summer cloud,
      A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

      Or as Vivek reports to Guru Ji in Tarun Sardana's little book "Dissolved,"

      "The Truth is - Nothing Ever Existed! It was all a creation of the mind. There is no world apart from the Self.
      There is only the Self: it has always existed and always will be there, and I am that Self."

      The Truth can't be described in words, but one can point to it as Shakyamuni Buddha and Vivek do. Their meaning of Svadhyaya goes far beyond mere self examination!

      Namaskara,
      Bill Phillips
      (Shantideva)

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic