CNBC Poll

  • Sam Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004
      Greetings,
      CNBC is currently polling viewers on tax reform. The choices are:
      National Sales Tax,
      Flat Tax,
      Close Loopholes.

      To voice your opinion go to:
      http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/CNBCTV/Promos/P100071.asp
      You can also E-mail them a comment. I mentioned that I thought the
      National Sales Tax had the broadest appeal across all classes of
      Americans.

      They also had a "debate" on the issues with two Congressional
      members--Pomeroy, a Democrat from ND, and Flake, a Republican from
      AZ. It was pretty lame. Pomeroy kept incorrectly stating that the
      Sales Tax wasn't fair to the middle class and Flake didn't rebut
      that contention at all. However, Flake did mention that the Sales
      Tax was meant to replace the IRS, but failed to say anything about
      payroll taxes.

      Ciao,
      TJ Eng