Welcome to Fair Tax RI

  • Sam Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      Congratulations to the "Americans For Fair Taxation" grassroots
      volunteers. Due to your efforts, support for the FairTax is growing
      steadily. AFFT now has 600,000+ members/supporters and more & more
      members of Congress are favoring H.R. 25 The Fair Tax Act of 2003!
      Your voice is being heard.
      Citizens: I urge you to look hard at the FairTax Plan. It
      offers r-e-a-l tax reform. By replacing the Income tax system (and
      IRS) with the FairTax, we can bring back FAIRNESS & FREEDOM to
      America!

      I'm convinced that, when you've seen the whole plan, you'll
      want (like I do) Congress to get on with the job of enacting the
      FairTax N-O-W!

      Not only will your fellow citizens applaud you for doing
      the "right thing," but your children, grand-children and all future
      generations of Americans will thank you for freeing them from the
      abominable Income Tax System and its Gestapo-like enforcers, the IRS!

      Think about this: When the idea of a National Sales Tax was
      suggested to me, my 'shoot-from-the-hip' reaction was... No way,
      Jose!

      However, I took the time (and I'm sure glad I did) to study
      the FairTax. When I saw all it offers, I now say... It's the ONLY
      way, Jose!

      I strongly favor the FairTax Plan (I'm both low-income and
      elderly), but there's no way I'd support it if any segment of our
      citizenry was treated unfairly. I'm particularly pleased that all
      will fare better (especially, low- and middle-income, and elderly)
      under the FairTax than they do under the Income tax system.

      Yep, in case you're wondering... the FairTax Act (HR 25)
      is "revenue neutral"... it funds the government at the same level as
      now.

      The Tax System's Broken. Let's Fix It!
    • stefantabak
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5 7:17 AM
        Sam:

        I live in Portsmouth, don't know where you are at. I've been
        promoting Fairtax for maybe 5 or 6 years now. I like it, it detaxes
        American corporations so that they can be more competitive in this
        Global economy. And it only taxes people on consumption, thus those
        who live "high on the hog" pay and those who are frugal don't pay
        until they reach a point in life that they start to spend. Gotta
        run now, I'll post more later on what brought me to Fairtax. I look
        forward on coordinating our grassroots efforts with others from
        Rhode Island.

        Stefan Tabak