Hantavirus

  • evodude2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 12:18 AM
      Anybody want to assign a sinister motive or agenda to the Yosemite outbreak?

      Snippet from a BBC news article:

      "Thousands of people could be at risk from a deadly virus in California's Yosemite National Park that has already claimed two lives, officials say.

      Four other cases of Hantavirus, a rare lung disease, have been reported. The park said it is getting about 1,000 calls per day from frightened visitors on its Hantavirus hotline.

      There is no known cure for the virus, spread by infected rodent droppings. Symptoms can take up to six weeks to show and one third of cases are fatal..."

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19447160
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2 5:57 AM
        evodude2001 Anybody want to assign a sinister motive or agenda to the Yosemite outbreak?
        odd question
        BUT
        " The park officials said"
        > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19447160
      • MaryK Croft
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2 6:02 AM
          One of my classmates was studying Hantavirus north of the Grand Canyon about 7 years ago. It was a very rare thing then, found only in one species of deermice. I wonder how it spread to Yosemite? It doesn't seem like a government conspiracy to me, just a thing. --Mary

          Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

          To: ricksgardeningtips@yahoogroups.com
          From: banoyes2@...
          Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 12:57:36 +0000
          Subject: [Rick's Gardening Tips] Re: Hantavirus

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2 6:07 AM
            It doesn't seem like a government conspiracy to me, just a thing. --Mary
            Sorry-
            I was pointing to the placement of fear-a key ingredient in the thought control process

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2 6:21 AM
              Oh, of course. Jump on the latest Big Fear Opportunity. That relates to a conspiracy, indeed: increasing the adrenaline flow. That is indeed a part of mass thought control.

              Now it relates back to all sorts of things. The overproduction of adrenaline (think Fear Porn from all sources) leads to the multiple symptoms of Adrenal Burnout, which very seldom gets diagnosed as the cause. Symptoms earn money for Big Pharma. --MaryK

              To: ricksgardeningtips@yahoogroups.com
              From: banoyes2@...
              Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 13:07:35 +0000

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6 12:10 AM
                To paraphrase Sigmund Freud: sometimes a thing is just a thing.

                I like it. Thanks...