Quote of the Day

  • MaryK Croft
    Message 1 of 423 , May 1, 2012
      "I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we've seen in a generation. You have a Republican Party, and a presumptive Republican nominee, that believes in drastically rolling back environmental regulations, that believes in drastically rolling back collective-bargaining rights, that believes in an approach to deficit reduction in which taxes are cut further for the wealthiest Americans, and spending cuts are entirely borne by things like education or basic research or care for the vulnerable. All this will be presumably written into their platform and reflected in their convention. I don't think that their nominee is going to be able to suddenly say, "Everything I've said for the last six months, I didn't mean." I'm assuming that he meant it. When you're running for president, people are paying attention to what you're saying."

      President Obama

      Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

      Message 423 of 423 , Jun 21
        That triggered the memory. The book I was trying to remember is The Crowd, by Gustave Le Bon.

        I found it back in the 60s. Still have that book. Anyone wants to study how the human mind is manipulated, that's a must read. Start there. Then go to Edward Bernays. Fascinating study.

        Dragon

        From: cloudbusters@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 01:34:32 +0000

        I don't remember. Tried looking it up and no luck. It's true, though.

        I may have come across it in a book I read. It's for sure true, though.

        Dragon

        "People go crazy in groups; they come to their senses one at a time."  Tell me again who said that!