Quote of the Day

  • MaryK Croft
    Message 1 of 428 , May 1, 2012
      "I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we've seen in a generation. You have a Republican Party, and a presumptive Republican nominee, that believes in drastically rolling back environmental regulations, that believes in drastically rolling back collective-bargaining rights, that believes in an approach to deficit reduction in which taxes are cut further for the wealthiest Americans, and spending cuts are entirely borne by things like education or basic research or care for the vulnerable. All this will be presumably written into their platform and reflected in their convention. I don't think that their nominee is going to be able to suddenly say, "Everything I've said for the last six months, I didn't mean." I'm assuming that he meant it. When you're running for president, people are paying attention to what you're saying."

      President Obama

      Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

    • MaryK Croft
      Message 428 of 428 , Aug 5 7:43 PM
        “We do not become healers. We came as healers. We are. Some of us are still catching up to what we are. We do not become storytellers. We came as carriers of the stories we and our ancestors actually lived. We are. Some of us are still catching up to what we are.

        We do not become artists. We came as artists. We are. Some of us are still catching up to what we are.

        We do not become writers, dancers, musicians, helpers, peacemakers. We came as such. We are. Some of us are still catching up to what we are.

        We do not learn to love in this sense. We came as Love. We are Love. Some of us are still catching up to who we truly are.”

        ~ Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes “Simple Prayer for Remembering The Motherlode”