Quote of the Day

  • MaryK Croft
    Message 1 of 427 , May 1, 2012
      "I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we've seen in a generation. You have a Republican Party, and a presumptive Republican nominee, that believes in drastically rolling back environmental regulations, that believes in drastically rolling back collective-bargaining rights, that believes in an approach to deficit reduction in which taxes are cut further for the wealthiest Americans, and spending cuts are entirely borne by things like education or basic research or care for the vulnerable. All this will be presumably written into their platform and reflected in their convention. I don't think that their nominee is going to be able to suddenly say, "Everything I've said for the last six months, I didn't mean." I'm assuming that he meant it. When you're running for president, people are paying attention to what you're saying."

      President Obama

      Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

      Message 427 of 427 , Jul 18 9:34 AM

        You say the Democratic Party is 'lost'. That's one way to put it. I've found two writers who describe the Democratic Party and tell it like it is. Will Rogers, from a long time ago:

        "I'm not a member of an organized political party. I'm a Democrat."

        Anyone who's old enough to remember that George Wallace and Hubert Humphrey were both Democrats will understand.

        More recently, Gordon Duff described the Democratic Party as we know it today.

        "There is nothing totalitarian about Democrats, in fact there is nothing even “organized” about the Democrats. They fight among each other so much, no two have ever agreed on anything.

        Given a choice in 2016, I'd take the Zombie Apocalypse over rule by the Republican Party any day.

        Why?

        Killing Zombies is not illegal.

        Dragon