Quote of the Day

  • MaryK Croft
    Message 1 of 460 , May 1 9:49 AM
      "I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we've seen in a generation. You have a Republican Party, and a presumptive Republican nominee, that believes in drastically rolling back environmental regulations, that believes in drastically rolling back collective-bargaining rights, that believes in an approach to deficit reduction in which taxes are cut further for the wealthiest Americans, and spending cuts are entirely borne by things like education or basic research or care for the vulnerable. All this will be presumably written into their platform and reflected in their convention. I don't think that their nominee is going to be able to suddenly say, "Everything I've said for the last six months, I didn't mean." I'm assuming that he meant it. When you're running for president, people are paying attention to what you're saying."

      President Obama

      Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

      Message 460 of 460 , Jan 27, 2016

         What this country needs is a talented genius.

        Dragon

        "Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer