FW: Action Page: The President Can And Must Invoke 31 USC 3102 To Pay Our National Debts

  • MaryK Croft
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
      Well, now, this is an interesting viewpoint! --MaryK

      Courtesy is owed. Respect is earned. Love is given. (Unknown author, found in Guide to Texas Etiquette by Kinky Friedman)

    • Jimmy
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
        President Obama has said he would never invoke the 14th amendment.

        In this case I think you need to get a constitutional lawyer to interpret this law for you and maybe you will understand why he would not invoke the amendment.

        Jim In Maryland

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          --- On Tue, 8/2/11, Jimmy <heffleyjr@...> wrote:

          >>President Obama has said he would never invoke the 14th amendment.This is not about the 14th Amendment, Jimmy. This is another law. This law says, in effect, that the act of appropriating money by-passes any debt ceiling restraint. Appropriating money is a de facto raising of the debt ceiling if it is required. The drama is not over until the Senate votes. Stay tuned.
          Dragon