MayDaze: Thesis on the Celebration of Alienation

  • Frank Fenderbender
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2011
      "MayDaze: Thesis on the Celebration of Alienation"
      by For Ourselves (with a new title and graphics by Lust for Life)
      http://www.lust-for-life.org/Lust-For-Life/MayDaze/MayDaze.htm

      for better than eternally parading failed imagination and Stalinized deeds around as success,
      Frank Fenderbender
      frankfenderbender@...
      http://Point-of-Departure.org/
      http://rasputins-rantoramathon.blogspot.com/
    • The Conxn
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2011
        http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/1089.html

        Besides the Kenyan president claimed Obama as a Kenyan before he
        got elected.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2011
          What do you birthers want? What do you REALLY want? There is no amount of evidence could ever be supplied that would convince you to shut up and go away. But if someone produced a "birth certificate" written in crayon from Kenya, you'd accept that as valid in a flash.

          So what do you want? What do all you single-issue barking dog chorus birthers really want? Where do you think this will take us? What is the benefit for the US, the world, even the individual birthers themselves? What's to be gained?

          You already have all the "proof" you need to satisfy your mind. So now what? Now what? Have any of you even thought this thing out?

          Where were all you mentally-fixated people when the overwhelming majority of people in this country knew that Saddam had no WMDs? Even the UN inspector told us all there were no WMDs. And yet, Bush started a war anyway. Where were you all? Why was there not a huge outcry for an investigation, for a recall, for an impeachment?

          Silence. From you, from Donald Trump, from Orly Taits--and who the hell ever heard of her until now anyway?

          Silence. From the now self-righteously indignant Republicans who use the birth issue to get face time on TV news.

          The only thing that will ever satisfy you Pavlovian misfits is for Obama to come before the nation on TV and announce that "yes, I was born in Kenya".

          Suppose he did that? Then what? If he didn't resign, would there be a movement for impeachment? If successful, Joe Biden would be president. This is something to cheer about? A goal to strive for?

          If Obama held the office illegally because he is not a natural born citizen, then that raises some legal issues, doesn't it? Does that mean that any act of his, any legislation or Executive Order he signed is therefore invalid? One could make a better case for the invalidity of all his deeds than could be made for the legality.

          So then what? You know damn well that the country would divide itself on those issues, and tear itself apart. Do you birthers really want to unleash that firestorm on this country?

          And especially you, Denis, who sits down there on the bottom end of the world and feels free to make comments about the political situation in this country. I detect a bit of smugness in you, thinking that your great wonderful OZ is immune to political misdeeds, intrigues, turmoil and just plain corporate greed. Maybe they put something in the water down there so y'all don't even know what's going on. Is the whole country just a vast collection of Stepford wives who are oblivious to the dirty politics in their own country?

          Do y'all think even for a minute that what happens in this country will not affect dear old OZ? That somehow y'all live somewhere-over-the-rainbow and when all hell breaks loose here, as you frequently warn us it will, that OZ is not going to be affected?

          Y'all remind me of a bunch of greyhounds at the race track trying to catch this dead rabbit. You just go round and around, and the ones in the back of the pack follow the one in front because that's all they know how to do. What would happen if one of the dogs actually caught the rabbit?

          You all do this stuff and don't know why, and can't see beyond the media-generated excitement. You don't know when you're being manipulated. Dig this as a possibility:

          Remember that back in the Cold War days when the government wanted to pull off some kind of sneaky stunt they would generate some sort of real or imagined confrontation or threat from the Soviet Union and everyone's eyeballs and minds would be fixed on that little drama while the real dirty work went on in the back room. Same here.

          We no longer have a convenient Soviet Union for a bad guy for a distraction. So what do you do to distract the people and keep them from focusing on and maybe exerting influence on the outcome of the real issues? In Rome, the people got bread and circuses. Here, we have TV, we have Donald Trump, we have the birth certificate issue.

          While all you uh-huh, me too, yes men are focused on this phony issue, it doesn't leave much room on TV news for the real issues. Real issues include, but not limited to----

          TSA groper goons
          The Republican financial martial law take-over of the state of Michigan
          The big increases in oil company profits
          The real story about BP in the Gulf of Mexico
          And when's the last time you heard WikiLeaks mentioned on the news?
          Bradley Manning is being tortured and he has not even been tried or convicted
          The Republicans are trying to end Medicare and Medicaid
          The Republicans have declared war on unions
          The Republicans have blocked domestic infrastructure improvements
          The Republicans have publicly stated that they will not do anything that gives Obama a chance to win in 2012
          The Republicans have made raising the debt ceiling an issue when it simply is not a real issue
          The Republicans are threatening to shut down the government if they don't get their way
          The MERS mess is a time bomb that may bring down the whole financial structure

          [Note: In most cases, the words Republican and Teabagger are interchangeable.]

          But none of this, none of this, is nowhere near as important as proving that Obama was born in Kenya.

          You, and the rest of your easily led cohorts, can now be Exhibit Number Two for why democracy won't work. Exhibit Number One has already been identified.

          If getting a reaction from me is what you came for, then congratulations on a successful mission. You got it. If you think that this is a reaction, just wait until October, Denis. Five more months. October is coming.

          We will speak of many things in October.

          Dragon

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2011
            This is meant to distract from criminal Obama criminal invasion of another country and the continuing criminal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2011
              --- On Sun, 5/1/11, Ben <banoyes2@...> wrote:
              >>This is meant to distract from criminal Obama criminal invasion of another country and the continuing criminal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

              Not really. They didn't need a distraction to keep our attention from Bush's illegal war. That's because the press was in collusion with him. The press is still in collusion with the other wars. They don't need a distraction, because neither the controlled media nor the Republican Party is going to be in serious opposition to the wars; any of them.

              I think there is a possibility that the Democrats and Obama are allowing this birther thing to go on is that they see it as a self-destruct exercise for the Republican Party. Think of it. These people are making themselves look silly all over the TV and blogosphere. While the Teabaggers and their Republican buddies are wasting time and energy on something that has no pay-off point, a non-issue that they can never have an effect upon, they are not assembling any credible contenders for president. So when New Hampshire comes along next year with the Iowa caucuses right behind, all they will have as announced candidates is a bunch of weak-tea posturers who have never done anything to brag about.

              I think that it's a great strategy. Obama will be unbeatable.

              Dragon

            • Ben
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2011
                Criminal Obama expanded the war in Afghanistan and attacked Libya They are his wars.
                We are doomed playing the Democrat-Republican game
                you so gleefully expound