Looking for a UX Designer

  • angie.lieberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2011
      I am currently an employee at Quidsi Inc. one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies. We are looking for UX designers to join our team. If you are interested or know anyone that might be please contact me.

      Below is a brief summary of the company as well as job description.

      As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country, Quidsi is the parent company of Diapers.com (baby care), Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), BeautyBar.com (prestige beauty), Wag.com (pet products) and YoYo.com (toys). We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, the next step is yours. Send us your resume and come join a group of critical thinkers and innovators energized by the passion to explore "what if" (the meaning of Quidsi in Latin). For more information about our company, please go to www.Quidsi.com.

      Quidsi is making ecommerce a little easier through "wow" customer service, industry-leading logistics and an intuitive, forward-thinking website experience. The Quidsi culture – a classic startup – is widely known as entrepreneurial, fiercely intelligent, team-oriented and deeply creative.

      The User Experience Designer role is unique, and for the right candidate it will prove an amazing opportunity. Employing the UX methodologies from Google and the UK web design firm, Clearleft, the position will own the entire end-to-end process of bringing new functionality to the site: from scoping the project with the business owners to wire-framing/prototyping a proof of concept to creating the interactive elements to shepherding the new functionality live into production.
      Over the next two years, our goal is to create the most elegantly usable ecommerce websites so we're looking for someone who wants to both be part of a dynamic, creative team and have ambitions to be a rock-star UX designer.

      The User Experience Designer should demonstrate a rich but versatile aesthetic, be a little geeky when it comes to usability, and intuitively understand and solve for the nuances of ecommerce design patterns. In addition, and quite significantly, the role needs to interface with our marketing and merchandizing teams to help them realize their business goals.

      Responsibilities
      • Meet with Marketing and Merchandising stakeholders to define functional solutions for business problems
      • Create wireframes or prototypes as proof of concept
      • Design interaction, look and feel
      • Write non-technical specification for programmers
      • Final-pass QA

      Basic Qualifications
      • BA/BS or MA/MS in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors or related field.
      • 2+ years of experience in designing and prototyping for the web; ecommerce experience is preferred, but not required.
      • Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a "don't make me think" understanding of usability.
      • Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills; high-fidelity prototyping experience is a plus.
      • Ability to write non-technical specs for programmers
      • Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
      Preferred Qualifications
      • Knowledge of coding/scripting is not necessary, but a good understanding of what HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are capable of bringing to the modern web is desired.
      • Above all else: good intuition and a little quirkiness.

      This position is conveniently located in Jersey City, NJ, a four minute ride from the World Trade Center and just outside the Exchange Place PATH Station. Bordering the Hudson River, our offices have spectacular panoramic views of Manhattan and New Jersey.

      Quidsi Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.