Re: Adam Awards

  • Wyndhawk
    Message 1 of 139 , Feb 2, 2000
      As far as I know, Adam has never appeared in any
      Richie story, or ANY Harvey story for that
      matter.<br><br>I know the in-house ad you're talking about. It
      appeared in the mid-70s usually on those pages featuring a
      Richie prose short story.<br><br>The character may have
      been planned to be introduced in 1977 when two other
      titles, RR & Timmy Time and RR & Billy Bellhops,
      appeared. But the decision by the powers-that-be at Harvey
      at the time may have been made to scrap the
      project.<br><br>Incidentally, the two one-shots I mentioned stayed just that:
      one-shots, whether intentional or not. Perhaps they were not
      very successful sales-wise. Certainly not on a
      critical level. <br><br>AAh well...at least they weren't
      as bad as RR & New Kids on the Block.
    • Lorne T
      Message 139 of 139 , May 30, 2003
        Me too. I really attribute my literacy, eloquency, and reading
        comprehension to all the Richie comics I grew up reading while in
        elementary school (I used to win a lot of classroom awards for racing
        through our reading labs so effortlessly....!!) I believe they gave
        me an edge-

        I also have a lot of Dot and Lotta comics- I really like them too,
        the stories are innocent and amusing in a child's eye. I wish
        Richie, Lotta, and Dot had been incorporated into Paramount Pictures'
        animated cartoon repertoire.... just imagine what we would be
        watching in classic animation these days!!