Richie Rich Vaults Of MISTERY

  • harveyrichie60
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
      Hello Mark and all,

      Being on vacation and bored, I was going thru some Richies and just
      noticed that on the spine of "Richie Rich Vaults Of Mystery" Jan. 1975
      No. 2, Its spelled "Mistery". Never noticed this before. (Hey when your
      bored I guess.) Anyway have a great day everyone.

      Sincerely,Robin

      P.S. Mark, How about a list of Harvey Screw-Ups. Ha Ha
      Hmm Maybe Its plausible. (Is That A Word?)
    • Mark Arnold
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
        At least they didn't put "Vaults of Misery"!

        Harvey Screw-Ups. Some people would claim that about the entire
        company. The main way Harvey "screwed up" is they consistently
        promoted comic books that were never issued (i.e. "Little Lotta"
        #121, "Harvey Digest Sports", "Jackie Jokers" #5 and 6, for example).

        Haven't really seen any art flubs in the way that they were mentioned
        in the "Marvel No-Prize Book". Marvel had their typos, too. "Marvel
        Two-On-One" comes to mind on the cover of #1.

        I know on one issue of one of the many Richie Rich spin-offs, the
        cover price change was so abrupt that you can see a faint "20c"
        underneath the new "25c" price.

        I know on "Sad Sack Laugh Special", Slob Slobinski was referred to as
        Waldo on the front cover in one of the TV sets a couple of times.

        The transition from the "TV sets" covers wasn't entirely across the
        board as a few issues came out after the change was made with the sets intact.

        Also, the "Comics Code" logo fell off a couple of times. Some think
        it's because these issues weren't CCA approved. Really, it was just
        plain sloppiness.

        Not really an error, but "Sad Sad Sack World" (#45 I think) has two
        different cover logo color variations.

        Quinton Clem may know more of these. I'm just thinking off the top of my head.

        -Mark.

        At 11:48 AM 8/7/2006, you wrote:

        >Hello Mark and all,
        >
        >Being on vacation and bored, I was going thru some Richies and just
        >noticed that on the spine of "Richie Rich Vaults Of Mystery" Jan. 1975
        >No. 2, Its spelled "Mistery". Never noticed this before. (Hey when your
        >bored I guess.) Anyway have a great day everyone.
        >
        >Sincerely,Robin
        >
        >P.S. Mark, How about a list of Harvey Screw-Ups. Ha Ha
        >Hmm Maybe Its plausible. (Is That A Word?)

        Regards,
        MARK ARNOLD
        Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070
        Please click on my web sites:
        Fun Ideas - http://funideas.home.att.net
        MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fun_ideas_productions
        The Harveyville Fun Times! - http://thft.home.att.net
        Mark's Rare Comics - http://rarecomics.home.att.net
        So Rare! Collectibles - http://sorare.home.att.net
        Food Shop - http://foodshop.home.att.net
        Blog - http://fun-ideas.blogspot.net
        Protecto, the Little Robot - http://protecto.blogspot.com

      • harveyrichie60
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Mark Arnold <thft@...> wrote:

          > At least they didn't put "Vaults of Misery"!
          >
          > Harvey Screw-Ups. Some people would claim that about the entire
          > company. The main way Harvey "screwed up" is they consistently
          > promoted comic books that were never issued (i.e. "Little Lotta"
          > #121, "Harvey Digest Sports", "Jackie Jokers" #5 and 6, for
          example).

          > Haven't really seen any art flubs in the way that they were
          mentioned
          > in the "Marvel No-Prize Book". Marvel had their typos, too. "Marvel
          > Two-On-One" comes to mind on the cover of #1.
          >
          > I know on one issue of one of the many Richie Rich spin-offs, the
          > cover price change was so abrupt that you can see a faint "20c"
          > underneath the new "25c" price.
          >
          > I know on "Sad Sack Laugh Special", Slob Slobinski was referred to
          as
          > Waldo on the front cover in one of the TV sets a couple of times.
          >
          > The transition from the "TV sets" covers wasn't entirely across the
          > board as a few issues came out after the change was made with the
          sets intact.

          > Also, the "Comics Code" logo fell off a couple of times. Some think
          > it's because these issues weren't CCA approved. Really, it was just
          > plain sloppiness.
          >
          > Not really an error, but "Sad Sad Sack World" (#45 I think) has two
          > different cover logo color variations.
          >
          > Quinton Clem may know more of these. I'm just thinking off the top
          of my head.

          > -Mark.
          >
          > At 11:48 AM 8/7/2006, you wrote:
          >
          > >Hello Mark and all,
          > >
          > >Being on vacation and bored, I was going thru some Richies and just
          > >noticed that on the spine of "Richie Rich Vaults Of Mystery" Jan.
          1975
          > >No. 2, Its spelled "Mistery". Never noticed this before. (Hey when
          your
          > >bored I guess.) Anyway have a great day everyone.
          > >
          > >Sincerely,Robin
          > >
          > >P.S. Mark, How about a list of Harvey Screw-Ups. Ha Ha
          > >Hmm Maybe Its plausible. (Is That A Word?)
          > >

          > Regards,
          > MARK ARNOLD
          > Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070
          > Please click on my web sites:
          > Fun Ideas - http://funideas.home.att.net
          > MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fun_ideas_productions
          > The Harveyville Fun Times! - http://thft.home.att.net
          > Mark's Rare Comics - http://rarecomics.home.att.net
          > So Rare! Collectibles - http://sorare.home.att.net
          > Food Shop - http://foodshop.home.att.net
          > Blog - http://fun-ideas.blogspot.net
          > Protecto, the Little Robot - http://protecto.blogspot.com

          Yeah, I Think Its Richie Rich #126 (May-1974?) with the 20c under the
          25c. Also the infamous "Little Lotta-Mr. Rich episode comes to mind.
          and remember in Giant Land 1972 issues with the black and white TV
          sets on some issues Lotta, Dot and others probably.
        • coolnesspark
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 9, 2006
            The promotion of comings comics that never showed up isn't as much
            of screw up as you might think. Many companies advertised books
            that never showed up, as they were cancelled at the last minute. DC
            Comics in late 1978 axed over 20 titles, and all of them had been
            advertised.

            Harvey made some boo-boo's in the interior of some of the comics as
            well, particularly when they would reprint a two part story and only
            include one part instead of both. Two that come to mind are Richie
            Rich Fortunes # 4. There is a reprint of a Cadbury story that
            originally was a two-parter but they only reprinted the 2nd part.
            Same with Richie Rich Dollars and Cents # 44.

            Another biggie that comes to mind are issues published in 1974 that
            were advertised on the cover as being giant sized but weren't.
            Those include: Fortunes # 16, Casper's Ghostland # 78; Richie Rich
            Millions # 65; Richie Rich Success # 56; RR Dollars and Cents # 61;
            Sad Sack Laugh Special # 77; Sad Sack's Army Life # 52.

            --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, harveyrichie60
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > >

            > > Regards,
            > > MARK ARNOLD
            > > Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070
            > > Please click on my web sites:
            > > Fun Ideas - http://funideas.home.att.net
            > > MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fun_ideas_productions
            > > The Harveyville Fun Times! - http://thft.home.att.net
            > > Mark's Rare Comics - http://rarecomics.home.att.net
            > > So Rare! Collectibles - http://sorare.home.att.net
            > > Food Shop - http://foodshop.home.att.net
            > > Blog - http://fun-ideas.blogspot.net
            > > Protecto, the Little Robot - http://protecto.blogspot.com

            > Yeah, I Think Its Richie Rich #126 (May-1974?) with the 20c under
            the
            > 25c. Also the infamous "Little Lotta-Mr. Rich episode comes to
            mind.
            > and remember in Giant Land 1972 issues with the black and white TV
            > sets on some issues Lotta, Dot and others probably.

          • William Shields
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2006
              I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Richie Rich & Billy Bellhops yet... I searched for years for that one before I got clued in that it was never made.

              William~

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 11, 2006
                Oops, sorry, forgot the issue number (2), not enough coffee yet.

                Sorry.

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > >

                > > Regards,
                > > MARK ARNOLD
                > > Fun Ideas Productions - P. O. Box 2616 - Saratoga, CA 95070
                > > Please click on my web sites:
                > > Fun Ideas - http://funideas.home.att.net
                > > MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/fun_ideas_productions
                > > The Harveyville Fun Times! - http://thft.home.att.net
                > > Mark's Rare Comics - http://rarecomics.home.att.net
                > > So Rare! Collectibles - http://sorare.home.att.net
                > > Food Shop - http://foodshop.home.att.net
                > > Blog - http://fun-ideas.blogspot.net
                > > Protecto, the Little Robot - http://protecto.blogspot.com

                > Yeah, I Think Its Richie Rich #126 (May-1974?) with the 20c under
                the
                > 25c. Also the infamous "Little Lotta-Mr. Rich episode comes to
                mind.
                > and remember in Giant Land 1972 issues with the black and white TV
                > sets on some issues Lotta, Dot and others probably.

              • Sir Webhead Jeff
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 12, 2006
                  It could be worse.

                  Marvel has in the past started a mini series, and never
                  finished. "411" was supposed to be a three issue series, and only the
                  first 2 issues were published. "Gun Theory" I think was another one
                  where they just didn't publish the last issue. Talk about leaving you
                  hanging... ;)

                  At least with Harvey you never had to worry about buying the next book
                  to finish the story!

                  Jeff

                  --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, William Shields
                  <nedrummerboy2k1@...> wrote:

                  > Oops, sorry, forgot the issue number (2), not enough coffee yet.
                  >
                  > Sorry.
                  >

                  > I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Richie Rich & Billy Bellhops
                  yet... I searched for years for that one before I got clued in that it
                  was never made.

                • Ugly Person
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 12, 2006