Ultimate Casper

  • funtimes95070
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
      Has anyone seen the "Ultimate Casper" book? As typical for Harvey fans,
      I think we've been dissed again! It was supposed to come out on
      September 1st. Let me know if you have seen it!

      -Mark.
    • Rob Imes
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2005
        I saw this DVD called "Casper's Spookiest Tales" at
        Walmart today, which was selling for around $8.99
        there. Amazon lists it for $11.68 but had no reviews
        or other info about it.

        The cover said that it contained 13 Casper cartoons.
        I'm wondering if it's simply repeating classic
        episodes that have already appeared on DVD, or are
        these classic episodes which haven't appeared on DVD
        before, or a mix of both?

        I already have the DVD of "Casper and Wendy's Ghostly
        Adventures" (a nice DVD to own, by the way!) and don't
        want to get something that is simply going to show the
        same episodes. Anyone know?

        Rob Imes

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • funtimes95070
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2005
          I'll answer my own post. In checking on Amazon, the date for when
          this
          book will be available has been removed to an indefinite time. I'll
          keep everyone posted when I find out when this book is coming out. Of
          course, if anyone sees it in the stores, let me know...

          -Mark.

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070" <thft@a...>
          wrote:
          > Has anyone seen the "Ultimate Casper" book? As typical for Harvey
          fans,
          > I think we've been dissed again! It was supposed to come out on
          > September 1st. Let me know if you have seen it!
          >
          > -Mark.
        • webheadjeff
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2005
            I emailed iBooks, which is who I believe is supposed to be publishing
            the book. The email bounced back saying:

            <info@...>

            <info@...>... Deferred: Connection timed out with
            ibooksinc.com.
            Message could not be delivered for 1 day
            Message will be deleted from queue

            So, I'm not sure what is going on....

            wrote:
            > I'll answer my own post. In checking on Amazon, the date for when
            > this
            > book will be available has been removed to an indefinite time. I'll
            > keep everyone posted when I find out when this book is coming out.
            Of
            > course, if anyone sees it in the stores, let me know...
            >
            > -Mark.
            >
            > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070" <thft@a...>
            > wrote:
            > > Has anyone seen the "Ultimate Casper" book? As typical for Harvey
            > fans,
            > > I think we've been dissed again! It was supposed to come out on
            > > September 1st. Let me know if you have seen it!
            > >
            > > -Mark.
          • webheadjeff
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2005
              The book is still listed at the Komikwerks website
              (http://www.komikwerks.com/ibook.php?ib=34). There the release date
              says September 2005, so technically it is still not late. ;)

              --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "webheadjeff" <jeff@k...>
              wrote:
              > I emailed iBooks, which is who I believe is supposed to be
              publishing
              > the book. The email bounced back saying:
              >
              > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
              > <info@i...>
              >
              > ----- Transcript of session follows -----
              > <info@i...>... Deferred: Connection timed out with
              > ibooksinc.com.
              > Message could not be delivered for 1 day
              > Message will be deleted from queue
              >
              > So, I'm not sure what is going on....
              >
              > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070"
              <thft@a...>
              > wrote:
              > > I'll answer my own post. In checking on Amazon, the date for when
              > > this
              > > book will be available has been removed to an indefinite time.
              I'll
              > > keep everyone posted when I find out when this book is coming
              out.
              > Of
              > > course, if anyone sees it in the stores, let me know...
              > >
              > > -Mark.
              > >
              > > --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070"
              <thft@a...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > Has anyone seen the "Ultimate Casper" book? As typical for
              Harvey
              > > fans,
              > > > I think we've been dissed again! It was supposed to come out
              on
              > > > September 1st. Let me know if you have seen it!
              > > >
              > > > -Mark.
            • Bart
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 21, 2005
                Bart here:

                I agree completely about the new CASPER collection!
                This collection is an outstanding selection of classic Casper.
                Being a first generation Harvey reader, i vividly remember these classic
                stories they picked for this volumne.
                THEY MYSTERIOUS STATUE from #13, KINGS OF TOYLAND from #17, TIME MOVES BACK
                from #20, ABSENT MINDED ROBOT from #22 ..These Casper stories from 1959-62
                are just as memorable as any classic Donald Duck story!
                The re-coloring really does add to the enjoyment and appearance of this
                book. Everything looks sharper and more beautiful than originally printed.
                The Kremer and Post artwork just shines like the talents they are! Its just
                gorgeous.
                I would like to mention a few changes they made in reprinting:
                #11,,,Poils hair and bow arent colored at all, and remain white. Her hair
                and bow should be colored.
                #13 .. No first page gag before the story starts.
                #17.. No first page gag before the story starts, and the logos used in the
                story arent the same ones used in the original comic.
                #48....no first page gag, no two page Nightmare comic story.

                7 issues are reprinted: #11,13,17,18,20,22 and 48.
                Overall a great collection and worthy of everyones bookshelf !!

                bb