Re: List of First Richie Rich Stories

  • coolnesspark
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2003
      Steve, I was the author of that particular article. Until reading
      your letter here I had not received any feedback as to whether
      readers would want me to continue with it or not. My next article
      for Mark's wonderful publication sidesteps that topic since I wanted
      to retrace San Diego and discuss the 50th anniversary of Spooky the
      tuff little ghost.

      Your idea of reading them in order, despite lack of continuity, will
      be a worthwhile endeavor. By doing so you will see an evolution of
      the character Richie Rich and the many other characters that were
      introduced along the way.

      I will continue with the Richie Rich story index in future issues of
      THFT!. I think I'm up to Little Dot # 15 but will now be
      incorporating the Richie Rich stories found in Little Lotta stories
      as well.

      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, Steve Withers
      <srwithers1@y...> wrote:

      > Although we know there is not a lot of continuity to the issues, a
      goal of mine has been to read the first Richie Rich stories in
      order. In the most recent THFT (Richie Rich anniversary edition)
      there was a list of the first 15-20 Richie Rich stories printed (in
      Little Dot) including names of the stories and a brief synopsis of
      each story. He also included on some where the reprints of the
      stories were in later editions of RR which was also very helpful. I
      thought that this was fantastic!! I have temporarily misplaced my
      copy, but the author mentioned that he would continue the list and
      synopsis through Little Dot and Little Lotta up to the point that
      Richie Rich had his own comic published. Mark, could you please try
      to get this to happen? Also, for readers of the vault who have not
      seen this, you may want to get a copy of THFT or maybe Mark could
      include a "reprint" here?

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tammy

    • Steve Withers
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 25, 2003
        I am happy that my letter has helped to persuade you to continue the index. I will look forward to reading it in future issues of THFT! Thanks!

        coolnesspark <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Steve, I was the author of that particular article. Until reading

        <srwithers1@y...> wrote:

        > Although we know there is not a lot of continuity to the issues, a
        goal of mine has been to read the first Richie Rich stories in
        order. In the most recent THFT (Richie Rich anniversary edition)
        there was a list of the first 15-20 Richie Rich stories printed (in
        Little Dot) including names of the stories and a brief synopsis of
        each story. He also included on some where the reprints of the
        stories were in later editions of RR which was also very helpful. I
        thought that this was fantastic!! I have temporarily misplaced my
        copy, but the author mentioned that he would continue the list and
        synopsis through Little Dot and Little Lotta up to the point that
        Richie Rich had his own comic published. Mark, could you please try
        to get this to happen? Also, for readers of the vault who have not
        seen this, you may want to get a copy of THFT or maybe Mark could
        include a "reprint" here?

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Tammy

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT