New Richie Rich comc books?

  • tharivol2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2013
      Anyone have any idea what happened to the Ape/Kizoic Richie Rich reboot? I emailed David Hedgecock and got no reply. I went to my friendly local comic book store yesterday and confirmed that no new books were out.

      I know Dreamworks bought Classics Media and it's now Dreamworks Classics, but I would think Dreamworks would want to leverage their properties in any way possible including comic books.

      -Jon
    • GeeBee
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2013
        It probably just didn’t have enough sales.  It was a pretty strange version of the classic characters.

        Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:53 AM
        Subject: [Richie Rich's Vault] New Richie Rich comc books?

        Anyone have any idea what happened to the Ape/Kizoic Richie Rich reboot? I emailed David Hedgecock and got no reply. I went to my friendly local comic book store yesterday and confirmed that no new books were out.

        I know Dreamworks bought Classics Media and it's now Dreamworks Classics, but I would think Dreamworks would want to leverage their properties in any way possible including comic books.

        -Jon

      • Mark Arnold
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 25, 2013
          Ape/Kizoic has always insisted there will be more Richie Rich every
          time I have contacted them since Dreamworks took over. My feeling is
          that Dreamworks is reevaluating what they purchased (including the
          Harvey characters) and probably would want to re-roll out the
          characters in a more constructive manner than what Classic Media was
          doing with them, which admittedly was quite haphazard.

          Time will tell.

          -Moderator Mark.

          --
          Regards,