Re: [Richie Rich's Vault] Quinton Clem R.I.P.

  • Phil Carpenter
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2012
      Very sad
      I loved quinton Clem!!

      Sent from my iPho

      On Oct 6, 2012, at 1:00 PM, Roland Schama <rschama@...> wrote:

      Sad news indeed!

      I bought MANY Hot Stuff and assorted Harvey's from Quinton on E-bay.
      The bulk of all my Hot Stuff titles I got from Quinton. He shall be missed.

      On Oct 6, 2012, at 12:01 PM, funtimes95070 wrote:

      I just heard about this from Bart Bush. Quinton passed away in August. Here's the obit:

      http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesmanjournal/obituary.aspx?pid=159219283#fbLoggedOut

      Quinton posted on this Yahoo group under the tag of "coolnesspark". His last posting here appeared last February. He also sold comics regularly through Ebay under the name "spookytuffghost" if you ever purchased anything from him.

      Quinton was a semi-regular contributor to "The Harveyville Fun Times!" I could always rely on him for the past 20 years for Harvey information that I didn't have immediate access to or know, but now that information pipeline is silenced.

      We used to hang out together in San Diego in the 1990s before the San Diego Comic Convention got crazy busy and seek out Harveys for my collection. He owned them all ages ago, so would help me scope the floor and find some.

      I'm very happy that my last conversations with him via email were good. They were from April 2011 and he was helping me with information for the booklet for the Shout Factory Casper DVD, and confirming Harvey cover price variants for me in September 2011.

      I'm still bummed. He was a great guy.

      -Moderator Mark.

      .

    • tharivol2002
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
        It took me a while to figure it out, but I did in fact buy a few digests from him off eBay back in 2010. R.I.P. Quinton.

        -Jon

        --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:

        > I just heard about this from Bart Bush. Quinton passed away in August. Here's the obit:
        >
        > http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesmanjournal/obituary.aspx?pid=159219283#fbLoggedOut
        >
        > Quinton posted on this Yahoo group under the tag of "coolnesspark". His last posting here appeared last February. He also sold comics regularly through Ebay under the name "spookytuffghost" if you ever purchased anything from him.
        >
        > Quinton was a semi-regular contributor to "The Harveyville Fun Times!" I could always rely on him for the past 20 years for Harvey information that I didn't have immediate access to or know, but now that information pipeline is silenced.
        >
        > We used to hang out together in San Diego in the 1990s before the San Diego Comic Convention got crazy busy and seek out Harveys for my collection. He owned them all ages ago, so would help me scope the floor and find some.
        >
        > I'm very happy that my last conversations with him via email were good. They were from April 2011 and he was helping me with information for the booklet for the Shout Factory Casper DVD, and confirming Harvey cover price variants for me in September 2011.
        >
        > I'm still bummed. He was a great guy.
        >
        > -Moderator Mark.

      • Tom D
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
          i bought many comics from him.  where did he get them all?

          It took me a while to figure it out, but I did in fact buy a few digests from him off eBay back in 2010. R.I.P. Quinton.

          -Jon

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "funtimes95070" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:

          > I just heard about this from Bart Bush. Quinton passed away in August. Here's the obit:
          >
          > http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/statesmanjournal/obituary.aspx?pid=159219283#fbLoggedOut
          >
          > Quinton posted on this Yahoo group under the tag of "coolnesspark". His last posting here appeared last February. He also sold comics regularly through Ebay under the name "spookytuffghost" if you ever purchased anything from him.
          >
          > Quinton was a semi-regular contributor to "The Harveyville Fun Times!" I could always rely on him for the past 20 years for Harvey information that I didn't have immediate access to or know, but now that information pipeline is silenced.
          >
          > We used to hang out together in San Diego in the 1990s before the San Diego Comic Convention got crazy busy and seek out Harveys for my collection. He owned them all ages ago, so would help me scope the floor and find some.
          >
          > I'm very happy that my last conversations with him via email were good. They were from April 2011 and he was helping me with information for the booklet for the Shout Factory Casper DVD, and confirming Harvey cover price variants for me in September 2011.
          >
          > I'm still bummed. He was a great guy.
          >
          > -Moderator Mark.

        • Phil Carpenter
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012