Sid Couchey R.I.P.

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
    • tharivol2002
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
        Glad I met him when I did! R.I.P. Sid, thanks for all the happiness you brought us!

        -Jon

        --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:

        > http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1796675277/Iconic-cartoonist-artist-dies

      • Pc
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
          I'm happy I met him too and was lucky to get
          Sid to paint a richie collage. I drove
          Out to south Carolina to meet his family
          In 2009 to pick up the painting. We talked
          From time to time. Guys like Sid made
          Childhood (and adulthood) fun. Bye sid,
          I'm glad we still have you in the pages of
          The books

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Mar 13, 2012, at 8:18 PM, "tharivol2002" <jsternfe@...> wrote:

          Glad I met him when I did! R.I.P. Sid, thanks for all the happiness you brought us!

          -Jon

          --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:

          > http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1796675277/Iconic-cartoonist-artist-dies

          =
        • Ben Samuels
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2012
            Wow, very sad. We're losing artists from the older generation at an alarming rate.

            I'm hard at work at the next issue of Harveyville Funtimes. It's taking a lot longer than I had planned, but I'm making good progress now. I laid out Jerry Boyd's article about Dan Spiegle the day before yesterday. I know Spielgle is not a Harvey artist, but Jerry had a great interview which I think readers will enjoy.

            -Ben Samuels

            --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <funideas.mark@...> wrote:

            > http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x1796675277/Iconic-cartoonist-artist-dies

          • Phillip Carpenter
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2012
              are you going to be including things like deputy dawg and other non Harvey stuff as well?

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 15, 2012
                Not Deputy Dawg specifically in my first issue, but it will be a mix of Harvey and non-Harvey stuff.

                -Ben

              • Darrylheine@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 16, 2012
                  Are you briefly referring to Dell/Gold Key's New Terrytoons comic book series?
                  darrylh60067