Re: Trying to locate a Richie Rich story

  • coolnesspark
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
      I believe the story you are referring to is in RR Diamonds # 3 and
      it is called "Walla the Magician".

      --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Lorne T"
      <l__tremblay@h...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > OK- as I said in an earlier post, I grew up reading Richie
      comics.
      > Now... I remember reading a story, probably from the mid-70s,
      that
      > scared the pants off me... It was about how Richie had hired a
      > magician to show up and do a magic show for a children's society
      at
      > the mansion. Well, it just happened to be on Halloween Eve, and a
      > witch shows up who Richie mistakes for the performer. She gets
      > somewhat annoyed by him, and ensues by wreaking havoc on Richie at
      > the Rich Mansion, like turing his mom, dad, and Cadbury into
      > monsters, redecorating with scary headless creatures, etc.
      >
      > I KNOW I had this book somewhere, but now I have no idea at all in
      > which issue it first appeared... anyone got any info in this
      one...?
    • Lorne T
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2003
        Wow- thanks a lot for mentioning this- I have been trying to find
        that original story for quite a few years-

        Even though you had mentioned it, I had almost totally forgotten to
        mention the name of the witch- mainly because I remember the panel
        where Richie's tongue was drawn almost sticking out...."WALLA, STOP
        THIS AT ONCE!!!"