Richie Rich Gets Companion Title from Ape

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 5, 2011
      From Ape Entertainment (cover image posted in Photos)

      Following the success of their initial limited series, Ape Entertainment's Richie Rich: Rich Rescue will continue as an ongoing title under the company's KiZoic imprint. It will be joined by Richie Rich Gems, a familiar title to longtime fans of the character and its original Harvey Comics incarnation. Richie Rich Gems #44 (the original series ended with #43) will debut at 28 pages for $3.99 and feature remastered versions of popular stories from the Harvey Comics library.

      Each issue of Gems will also feature a brand new "classic Richie Rich" story by legendary creators Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon.

      "Our fans and retailers have spoken and they are thrilled to have Richie Rich back," says Ape Entertainment COO Brent E. Erwin. "We have been receiving a ton of comments from them telling us how much they enjoy the new Richie Rich. Retailers have been asking us for a reprint title in standard comic format, so we are pleased to be able to offer them Richie Rich GEMS once again."
    • coolnesspark
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
        Mark, thanks for posting this news item. Nice to see an old Richie Rich title comic back and keeping the old numbering system in place. What I'm hoping for as far as the future is allowing other artists and writers to try their hand at the "classic Richie Rich" look. I was not a fan of the first classic new story presented in Rich Rescue # 1. Don't get me wrong, I respect and admire all Sid and Ernie have contributed to RR's success over the years, but I feel it's time to let others have a go at it also.

        Now for a bit of trivia: both Richie Rich TPLRB and Gems kept their original numbering (albeit RR finally ended with # 254 before starting over) but what other two RR titles also kept their original numbering in the late 80's and early 90's?

      • Darrylheine@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 7, 2011

          Richie Rich GEMS is being revived, what other Richie Rich titles - RICHES, DIAMONDS, GOLD AND SILVER, JACKPOTS, INVENTIONS, VAULTS OF MYSTERY, etc. - could be revived by Ape?

          I hope Ape also revives the titles of other Harvey properties - Casper, Baby Huey, and Hot Stuff - in the future.

          darrylh60067
        • GeeBee
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 7, 2011
            They should have a special title for the new look and style: “Richie Rich’s Costume Jewelry.”

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 7, 2011
              Give it time. Give it time. Anything is possible, but this ain't the 1970s no more, so Ape can't really saturate the market quite yet. They are working on a "Casper's Scare School" title and everything is still the whim of Classic Media overall.

              -Moderator Mark.

              --- In richierichsvault@yahoogroups.com, "Darrylheine@..." <Darrylheine@...> wrote:

              > Richie Rich GEMS is being revived, what other Richie Rich titles - RICHES, DIAMONDS, GOLD AND SILVER, JACKPOTS, INVENTIONS, VAULTS OF MYSTERY, etc. - could be revived by Ape?
              >
              > I hope Ape also revives the titles of other Harvey properties - Casper, Baby Huey, and Hot Stuff - in the future.
              >
              > darrylh60067

            • coolnesspark
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 7, 2011
                The cover to Casper's Scare School is posted on the Ape web page. I really doubt Ape has any plans to saturate the market with 30+ RR titles as was done in the 70's but adding the two they have (and one of them being a digest) and going back to reprint the classic stories in a nicer format is a good start.

              • Darrylheine@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011

                  How about:
                  Richie Rich Millionaire
                  Richie Rich Mansions
                  Richie Rich Jewels
                  Richie Rich Fun Times

                  darrylh60067
                • Phil
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
                    Richie rich billionaire, not millionaire
                    As that doesn't mean as much as it used to

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Aug 8, 2011, at 12:05 PM, "Darrylheine@..." <Darrylheine@...> wrote:

                    How about:
                    Richie Rich Millionaire
                    Richie Rich Mansions
                    Richie Rich Jewels
                    Richie Rich Fun Times

                    darrylh60067

                  • GeeBee

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
                        How about "Richie Rich Exceeds the Debt Ceiling"?

                        -Moderator Mark.

                        > Richie rich billionaire, not millionaire
                        > As that doesn't mean as much as it used to
                        >
                        > Sent from my iPhone

                      • Phil
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
                          The comic would be filibustered and
                          Would never come out

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 8, 2011
                            Oh, now you're talking "Trillions"!

                            Richie Rich Trillions!
                            Oh wait, with the devaluation and decline of the dollar it will need to be:
                            Richie Rich Gazillions!

                            Or maybe Richie Rich Pesos, Yaun, Krone or Riel.
                            Any of those will become worth more than the US Dollar soon.

                            Million, billion, trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, novillion, decillion . . . lessee, a decillion is:

                            1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

                            . . . so there ain't no gazillion, it's right up there with zillion, bijillion, and uncountabillion . . . a made-up term.

                            Just so you know, here's the list of "named illions":

                            Billion has 9 zeros

                            Trillion has 12 zeros

                            Quadrillion has 15 zeros

                            Quintillion has 18 zeros

                            Sextillion has 21 zeros

                            Septillion has 24 zeros

                            Octillion has 27 zeros

                            Nonillion has 30 zeros

                            Decillion has 33 zeros

                            Undecillion has 36 zeros

                            Duodecillion has 39 zeros

                            Tredecillion has 42 zeros

                            Quattuordecillion has 45 zeros

                            Quindecillion has 48 zeros

                            Sexdecillion has 51 zeros

                            Septendecillion has 54 zeros

                            Octodecillion has 57 zeros

                            Novemdecillion has 60 zeros

                            Vigintillion has 63 zeros

                            Googol has 100 zeros.

                            Centillion has 303 zeros (except in Britain, where it has 600 zeros)

                            Googolplex has a googol of zeros

                            .

                          • Darrylheine@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 9, 2011